SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Shabalala Safaris?

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
Any one have any info or hunted with Shabalala Safaris in the Limpopo?

Never hunted with Shabalalala - but did hunt on their home property with another outfitter - only for one day, but we saw a ton of game, quite a few very nice mature kudu, and some nice waterbuck. We were there the end of April, so the Kudu bulls were very active, just starting the rut.

We were there looking for Nyala and/or bushbuck. Got in on 4 decent Nyala (passed on the best - nice bull, but we were looking for an older one) and passed on a decent bushbuck (regretted that one at the end of the hunt). My daughter ended up taking a very nice Impala ram - mature with decent mass while we were there.

Nice country and large property...

Thanks!

Never hunted with Shabalalala - but did hunt on their home property with another outfitter - only for one day, but we saw a ton of game, quite a few very nice mature kudu, and some nice waterbuck. We were there the end of April, so the Kudu bulls were very active, just starting the rut.

We were there looking for Nyala and/or bushbuck. Got in on 4 decent Nyala (passed on the best - nice bull, but we were looking for an older one) and passed on a decent bushbuck (regretted that one at the end of the hunt). My daughter ended up taking a very nice Impala ram - mature with decent mass while we were there.

Nice country and large property...
Did you see any bow blinds on the property?

Hey Jeff - remember seeing two different bowblinds - they were set up over water, but I really wasn't paying that much attention, there may have been more. We really only saw/hunted a small portion of the property.

Most of the hunting we did was in thick stuff, mid day still/slow hunting, and we covered a bit of ground early morning and eve with the truck, hoping to spot something on the edges that would give us a chance to stalk

The owner (if I remember correctly it's Mike) went with us first out in the morning, to show us the best areas. He was very pleasant, and seemed very knowledgeable about the game and the property - put us into Nyala right away.

Jeff - talked with my daughter right after I posted that last response - she kind of jogged my memory - the 2 blinds I mentioned were ground blinds, but we also saw at least three elevated/tree blinds set up in some of the brushy areas. openings with mineral and/or water.

Jeff are you getting ready to head back over!?

Yes I'm heading over in July to try for black widebeest with Dries Visser Safaris. I am doing a little research on Shabalala for a possible add on for another trip in 2018
Jeff are you getting ready to head back over!?

Shoot straight Jeff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg