SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Settlers Safaris?

MJ75

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
England, Scotland, RSA and Namibia
Posting on behalf of a friend. Does anyone have any experience of this South African outfit, Settlers Safaris? He's considering a hunt with them Feedback either on here or by PM would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
MJ

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Mj wish I could help you out I've taken a look at there website and it looks pretty good But I've never heard of them I'll email a frind of mine that lives near Grahamstown and see if he's ever hunted or heard of them. Bob

MJ75

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
England, Scotland, RSA and Namibia
Well the friend has talked me into going with them next year, so I should be able to give feedback and a hunting report next june. The UK agent has been exceptionally helpful so far and I have received good feedback from another forum, so I'm hoping my experience will be as good.

Tracker49

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA
I hunted with Settlers in April, we had a great time, got all the animals that we were after. I had prior experience with the owner (Murray Crous) in 2009 when he was filling in as a PH for another outfitter, so planning for this hunt was a no-brainer and went directly with Murray and Settlers. Murray is strictly on his own now and is running a top notch (in my opinion) outfit, from facitities, equipment, personnel and game available. So far I've taken the following animals with Murray or one of his PH's: Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbuck, Kudu, Bushbuck, Warthog, Springbuck, Nyala, Red Hartebeest and Black Wildebeest.

Tracker49

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA
I hunted with Settlers in April, we had a great time, got all the animals that we were after. I had prior experience with the owner (Murray Crous) in 2009 when he was filling in as a PH for another outfitter, so planning for this hunt was a no-brainer and went directly with Murray and Settlers. Murray is strictly on his own now and is running a top notch (in my opinion) outfit, from facitities, equipment, personnel and game available. So far I've taken the following animals with Murray or one of his PH's: Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbuck, Kudu, Bushbuck, Warthog, Springbuck, Nyala, Red Hartebeest and Black Wildebeest.
I forgot to add that they have three lodges now (only two are shown on the website). They added another lodge/area west of Grahamstown. The name of this one is Normandale. Murray completely remodeled this lodge after he recently bought it and just started using it this year. We toured this facility on our way to another area for Black Wildebeest. The Normandale lodge has a main lodge with the hunters staying in individual cabins. There is one bedroon for hunters in the main building but most stay in the private cabins. We stayed at the Bushmans Gorge (home) lodge on this trip.

daved

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI , PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
Murray runs a good honest operation. Don't hesitate to book with him. a good time guaranteed.
regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyati7

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?