SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With NB Safaris?

Regarding the OP. I assume the NB Safaris mentioned is the same one owned by Neil Barnard near Mokopane in the Limpopo. If so I hunted buffalo on that property last year...although not with Neil as the PH. However, Neil and his staff were fabulous, accomodations were great and most the importantly the hunting area was very nice. My PH and myself were there five days I believe and had a great time. Place was loaded with game of many varieties.

salesman,

thank you for the information.

Hi Hendo, Did you book your hunt yet with NBSafaris? We just came back from a 7 day hunt .

Hello,

Recently purchased a week stay for 2 hunters in South Africa with Nb Safaris for plains game with one trophy fee included for each hunter. I have searched their website, the internet, and spoke with the state side rep via email and on the phone and I'm hoping some people here have some reviews on the outfit. What information I have found is very limited and hit and miss on being a good experience. I purchased the hunt at a charity event after a friend won the same trip in a raffle there. So there would be 5 of us hunting and have been told the property is approx 20,000 acres. I guess my biggest concern is not knowing much about it and deciding on the trip and type of animals with limited information. If that means not going and booking somewhere else so be it. Any help would be great.

-Hendo
Hi Hendo, Did you book your hunt yet with NBSafaris? We just returned from a 7 day hunt there.

Hendu............if you paid a modest price for this, then go, shoot your trophy, and have a good time. You are not obligated to shoot a brace of $7K kudu. Sounds like you dont need to shoot anything else. Some of these auction hunts are as cheap as motel 6. Arrange a second short hunt near this one, as back up, and get a two-fer.............................it can still be cheap........................FWB

Going into my experience with NB Safaris , I had no idea what to expect . My father and brother had gone the previous year , but I had never hunted anything bigger than a raccoon , let alone go on a full hunt . Neil , Debbie , Harry & George made it an experience I will have forever , and will always speak highly of . The staff were welcoming and caring . I became friends with everyone immediately . They don’t treat you as a run of the muck client , you become apart of the NB Safari family . If anyone ever asks who I recommend , it’s automatically Neil and Debbie . I just got back in June of this year , and I’ll be back before the end of the year . Nothing but praise and love to the NB Safari crew !

My son and I went with NB Safaris in 2018 and we’re planning to return in 2020. I won the safari at a charity auction and wasn’t sure what to expect but was blown away by the experience. We had the time of our lives and Neil and his staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. I think if you actually compare the total costs as I have you will find the total cost is in line with many other outfits. I’m sure there are lower cost safaris but I feel the value was well worth the cost.

I won this hunt at a charity auction also in 2018. Myself, my brother and my cousin went in May 2019. What wad the catch? There wasn't one! There were no hidden fees, no misrepresentations, no small print that was pointed out on the last day. This is a top notch group of people who have a passion for Africa, the well being of their community, and the the animals they manage. The facilities were beautifully kept, staff made you feel like family, and the food was awesome. I am already planning a trip back. Honesty and friendlyness go a long way with me and I got lucky and found it with Neil, Debbie, George, Harry, Gina. You will also.

Digger.............thanks for posting a follow up. Happy to hear you had a great experience............FWB

Hello,

Recently purchased a week stay for 2 hunters in South Africa with Nb Safaris for plains game with one trophy fee included for each hunter. I have searched their website, the internet, and spoke with the state side rep via email and on the phone and I'm hoping some people here have some reviews on the outfit. What information I have found is very limited and hit and miss on being a good experience. I purchased the hunt at a charity event after a friend won the same trip in a raffle there. So there would be 5 of us hunting and have been told the property is approx 20,000 acres. I guess my biggest concern is not knowing much about it and deciding on the trip and type of animals with limited information. If that means not going and booking somewhere else so be it. Any help would be great.

-Hendo
Hendo,

This is a great hunt. You are treated like family! They do what ever they can to make your trip a life changing event. Your expectations will be exceeded in the quality and quantity of game. I also took my nephew on the trip we both talk often about when we can return. If price is a concern you can go cheaper but in life I have found you get what you pay for and they are more than generous when you tell them you want a package deal.

You and your family will be moved by the experience and you will discover new friends!

Regard
John Parigi

So here’s the absolute truth. I looked at this post prior to my trip to Africa with NB Safaris. The reality is NB Safaris and their staff are far beyond what I expected! They treated me like family the second they picked me and my husband up from the airport! The hunting expletive was far beyond my expectations and was well worth it! We won our trip at a banquet. We cannot put into words the experience we had! My husband hates traveling but I tell you what he would go back and hunt with NB Safaris in a heartbeat! We are planning on going back and bringing others along! Best experience we have ever had with hunting! I highly recommend using NB Safaris! The staff is absolutely amazing and the friendships that were made are priceless! Thank you Neil and Debbie and all the staff for the best vacation and hunting experience we have had!

Hello,

-Hendo

I also purchased this hunt at auction to go with one of my best friends. I certainly had some reservations going into it but after hunting there I can’t wait to go back. I wouldn’t go back with another outfit even it was half the price. The amount of game and the landscape is just breathtaking and I dream about it all the time. The professional hunters and staff are what really make NB the best. There is no way you will be disappointed with NB Safaris....

Hello,

-Hendo

Hi! I am reading this way late, but saw this post about NB Safari. I wanted to share my opinion from a woman’s point of view. I just returned from an NB Safari trip, having hunted 7/6-7/15/19. We won/purchased our trip via a Friend’s of NRA banquet auction. My husband and I hunted and we both would describe describe NB Safaris and the whole experience as “first-class”. It was an incredible experience. The service was terrific from the ease of pickup at the airport to having laundry service where the clothes returned pressed and folded better than I would have ever done. Of course that doesn’t even mention the truly “professional” Professional Hunter (kudos to Stephan!) We saw more game than we ever dreamed. Our trophies are truly magnificent specimens and the care and management of the animals on their property reflect that. We researched the trophy fees and for the quality of the hunt, including the facilities, safety, and hospitality, the program at NB Safaris is top notch. I’m sure you will find other outfitters with cheaper trophy fees but it will usually reflects a lesser quality of game and a lesser quality of facilities and lodging for your stay. After reading this response to my husband who has hunted South Africa before, he totally agrees as previous hunt had similar trophy fees with simpler accommodations and having to live out of a suitcase jumping from property to property. We were on NB Safaris property the whole week and took more game than we hoped, all on their property.
NB Safaris has a full staff, individual cottages, a terrific central lodge for 3 meals/day included, a bar. There is a swimming pool for families and just relaxing. Yes! WiFi is available at the lodge. There is a truly “getting away from it all” feel here with lots of tradition and a truly African experience. I would recommend NB Safaris without hesitation.

Hello,

-Hendo
I hunted with NB Safaris back in April. I have hunted all my life for many different animals both with outfitters and diy. My hunt with NB Safaris is by far my favorite hunt to date! The owners Neil and Debbie, the PHs Harry and George and all the staff that made my trip such a success are by far the best I've ever encountered. I went into my trip as a once in a lifetime experience but left with hopes of returning soon. I am just a fireman so my finances dont allow me to do anything without planning and saving but i can assure you, ive already starting the process. To those that are complaining about the prices i will assure you that you get what you pay for, stop trying to do it cheaply and start thinking that you want the best experience possible. NB Safaris will give you the best experience! Thanks again Neil Barnard!!

NB is a great outfit to go with. So good infact that I’m send my brothers there.
Very professional fun and light hearted people. The animals some of the Finest you’ll ever get to hunt. They are the best at what they do. Just remember to sign to Donate your meat to the local kids

I was reading this out of curiousity and had no real interest in it but this page 2 portion is killing me. At first I was a bit put off by brickburn and dory and the price bashing-but I respect those guys so I pulled up nb website and compared their prices to my own Safari last July . Animals for animal from the pricelists presented on each companies website it would cost me $26,635 compared to the $16650 I paid. That’s without Day fees which are $3440 compared to $2800 where I hunted. Maybe you all got great pkg deals but failed to mention what they were. I won’t name my safari operators here, that would be unfairly rude. So I apologize to the wise veterans, brickburn and dory -that is a huge price difference!
Then I see all these reports from people whose first and only post is to express their love for nb. Cute but you mean to tell me you had the hunt of a lifetime and didn’t bother to tell the story on here and post a bunch of pix and tell us what you loved and possibly didn’t care for?! No wonder poor hendo had to ask for info, none of the people who went there and loved it so much ever-not just this year but ever-bothered to do a full report on their life changing trip to nb Safaris!
Then Mr. Dunn jumps on my last nerve and calls himself “just a fireman.” Sir-I am a hardworking, brave, honest, empathetic grouchy faced, rapidly aging, experience hardened fireman/paramedic that is proud of his profession and not “just a fireman”I’m the last 24 hours I fought a commercial blaze, got exposed to bedbugs and helped save a crashed up motorcyclists life along with my hella good crew- You apparently hunt a lot so you must be something more. Perhaps you just worded that poorly or are truly humble and you really meant you were just on a fireman’s salary and so it takes you longer to sacrifice and save to go on a safari compared to perhaps an oil tycoon. Never heard one of them refer to themselves as “just an oil tycoon.”
In short, based on the website prices, I could afford a lot of other places before I could pay the prices listed by nb. Plus there are companies on here with many true reports on this site to educate us to the availablities in South Africa and beyond. I work hard and often risk my life for my money so I guess I would spend it elsewhere-also my ph had eliminated the day fees in my pkg so I never even had to pay those-and he was a huge fan of Chicago Fire but I won’t hold that against him;):)(y)

Last edited:
When booking any safari I try to keep apples to apples in my comparisons. Many people return from their safari as "family members" and say all good things about the experience they had, I have on here. Since I don't have the $$$ tree in my yard the price is very important to me. As the comparison from Firebird states, by smart shopping imagine a second return trip next year with the $10k in savings??? That's what I would be doing.

MB

Here’s another red flag I noticed while comparing prices-the place I went with has a references tab and when you click it lists 24 USA references, and multiple references in other countries. NB doesn’t have a references tab nor could I see any offered. I’m sure they will supply some on request. I have had people e mail me about my ph so I know it works. Unless you don’t want to waste all that time checking references of course but I found it a valuable tool before selecting my safari company. Also I will never contact
Someone nicknamed “bubba” for advise on anything!

Glad you posted this Firebird. I noticed the same thing. An awful lot of new members. I especially like the quote from the poster Amelia Vaughn above: "I’m sure you will find other outfitters with cheaper trophy fees but it will usually reflects a lesser quality of game and a lesser quality of facilities and lodging for your stay." So not only are the posters suspiciously new, one alludes that most if not all the sponsors on this website are running substandard operations since their fees are CONSIDERABLY LOWER. I side with Brickburn and Dory on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,