SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone hunted With Monkane Safaris?

mojoK9hunts

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Im booked for a hunt with Monkane Safaris. Just wondering if anyone has hunted with them and your experience. This will be my first time to africa!

Did you buy an auction hunt?

I did get an auction hunt. Im looking to hunt other animals but yes

I got a auction hunt though SCI for this outfit and now I can’t get a returned email form monkane and the SCI chapter person told me they vet everything for these auctions ya having a hard time believing that,and now with the email deal is telling me tuff luck keep trying to email them!! Your on your own !!So I would say good luck with your hunt..!!

Kerneels(owner) is running a very good outfit. Im a landowner and he has just finished a safari with me yesterday.
I believe he will answer you within a day or two

Thanks and I did receive an email from Kerneels yesterday.. I realize everybody’s very busy this time of year I’m not trying to be a pain in the A—!! But when you try running a guy down for two months doesn’t give a guy big confidence in the deal… But appears to be heading in the right direction Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and I did receive an email from Kerneels yesterday.. I realize everybody’s very busy this time of year I’m not trying to be a pain in the A—!! But when you try running a guy down for two months doesn’t give a guy big confidence in the deal… But appears to be heading in the right direction Thanks.

There is no scenario is where 2 months to get back to a client is acceptable. I would be extremely careful going forward.

I do hope you have an awesome hunt and post a recap for us.

Do NOT. I repeat…do NOT go on a hunt with Monkane Safaris. They are dishonest, violent and don’t want to pay landowners for animals harvested. The only time in my life I was worried about my safety in a foreign country was with Kerneels at Monkane.

Well, this started off interesting.
@CCRhino and @Rfries, would you please elaborate. You are both new members with little to no history, so some more information would be useful.

I’ve known about this site for awhile (life member and long time exhibitor at SCI) but wanted to get thru the painful process of getting my trophies back before commenting. We had, in writing, prices for all animals before leaving US. Changed when we got the bill. The owner got violent when we asked about it. Pushed my husband to the ground. His other guide really did his best to get us to transport to airport safely as well as feed us. We called the US embassy for advice (which was to stay away from him, only eat prepackaged foods, etc). Our trophies were delayed multiple times due to non payment to landowner. Lucky for us the landowners knew us as did the ship/dip people and they aided in our trophies to be packed/shipped (Monkane finally paid up…needed to in order to save face). They were a good year longer than should have been.

Never ceases to amaze me that people buy auctiin hunts without doing their homework before the time......penny wise pound foolish....

I just googled 1min and made up my mind I would not book such a Safari....

Limpopo company registered in the whacky weed capitol of Cape Town.......

Now, we will see how this turns out.

In similar situations sometimes moderators would inform outfitter in questions, to give him the chance to comment here on the forum on public.

This was not an auction hunt…it was a friend rec. Unfortunately the friend never said anything about the poor billing practices.

The owner got violent when we asked about it. Pushed my husband to the ground.
I am following this forum for years, and I believe that this is precedent on the forum in client / outfitter relations.
I am glad that everything turned out well, despite the delays and complications.
(y)

He also was to refund me for an ostrich that wasn’t prepared correctly for taxidermy…not a dime has been sent.
Thank goodness we had good relationships with other professionals and we got our items back.

This was not an auction hunt…it was a friend rec. Unfortunately the friend never said anything about the poor billing practices.
Talking about the op not you......

Talking about the op not you......
Understood! Look, transport, accommodation and food were excellent. The additional PH and trackers were great too. Just the last night when it came to billing…all went downhill and quickly.

Freelance PH normally do a good job.....
Paperwork should be in place at booking then there cannot be any disputes...

Freelance PH normally do a good job.....
Paperwork should be in place at booking then there cannot be any disputes...
Exactly!! That’s why there was a problem!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross