SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Kuche Safaris?

Texas gator

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
First I would like to say that this is a great forum. I have already gained a lot of knowledge from this site.
I am ready to book my first African hunt and was wondering if anyone on this site has hinted with or had any experience with kuche safaris

I have never heard of them.

Welcome to AH, can´t help either !

Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean a lot as there seems to be a new outfitter in South Africa every day.

I found that I was most comfortable with people that I personally met at a hunting show. After a couple of shows, I had 4-5 strong possibilities. One guy went through a messy divorce and lost some of his concession. He seemed a emotional basket case. Scratch. Another was pretty pushy promoting himself and his operation. I didn't want a warthog, and he asked "what if a real big one came by?" I replied I didn't want a warthog. He said he would just grab my rifle and shoot it. Scratch. Anyways, now I was down to two. One up near Kruger, and one down in the Eastern Cape. It was a really hard decision. I liked both, meaning I liked both outfitters/PH (small operations). One had a nice lodge and and his fees were higher. The other in the Eastern Cape, put the guests up in safari tents on concrete pads with nearby spa-like bathrooms.

At the end of the day, I went with the outfitter/PH I hit off with the absolute best from the moment I first talked with him. By this time, my wife, upon meeting my choice, decided that she would come along. A great choice. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. She primarily toured with the outfitters wife, while the outfitter/PH and I hunted hard from first light to dark. I harvested 11 animals in 9 days by hiking my tail off. What a great experience!

Plan on taking 1-2 years to select your outfitter, get your airfare, rifle permits, shots etc lined up. Don't be afraid to Email and call until all of your questions are answered. Get a Skype account. Very cheap to talk to the outfitter directly. Even better if you can measure them up in person.

Choose wisely, and have a good time. Remember, you get what you pay for, but the highest fees don't always mean the best experience.

BTW, I can highly recommend Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire Hunting and Fishing Safaris. I would not be afraid to hunt Ernest Dyason of Spear Safaris. Good luck!

Koos runs a good operation my wife and I have been with them multiple times and was very enjoyable. Good animals also

Yes Koos runs a top notch operation. My wife and I spent 10 enjoyable days with them in July 2014 celerbrating our 20th wedding anniversary.
We took some awsome trophies Kudu, 2 Blue Wildbeest, impala, Blesbok, Zebra, Gemsbok & baboon.
Koos has a great staff a great chef and excellent professional hunters.
We were always in great hunting areas that held lots of animals. We saw trophies like a 28"ish nyla, waterbuck, & a 16"ish bushbuck. If I could do anything over it would have been to take that nyla & tried to have taken that bushbuck but thats all in the plans for 2016 or 2017 as we plan on going back to Kuche Safaries. If you have anymore questions let me know and i will pm you my phone #.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianguisy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,