SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Kuche Safaris?

Texas gator

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
First I would like to say that this is a great forum. I have already gained a lot of knowledge from this site.
I am ready to book my first African hunt and was wondering if anyone on this site has hinted with or had any experience with kuche safaris

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I have never heard of them.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH, can´t help either !

AB2506

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AFGA, AHEIA
Hunted
Alberta, Florida, Eastern Cape of South Africa
Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean a lot as there seems to be a new outfitter in South Africa every day.

I found that I was most comfortable with people that I personally met at a hunting show. After a couple of shows, I had 4-5 strong possibilities. One guy went through a messy divorce and lost some of his concession. He seemed a emotional basket case. Scratch. Another was pretty pushy promoting himself and his operation. I didn't want a warthog, and he asked "what if a real big one came by?" I replied I didn't want a warthog. He said he would just grab my rifle and shoot it. Scratch. Anyways, now I was down to two. One up near Kruger, and one down in the Eastern Cape. It was a really hard decision. I liked both, meaning I liked both outfitters/PH (small operations). One had a nice lodge and and his fees were higher. The other in the Eastern Cape, put the guests up in safari tents on concrete pads with nearby spa-like bathrooms.

At the end of the day, I went with the outfitter/PH I hit off with the absolute best from the moment I first talked with him. By this time, my wife, upon meeting my choice, decided that she would come along. A great choice. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. She primarily toured with the outfitters wife, while the outfitter/PH and I hunted hard from first light to dark. I harvested 11 animals in 9 days by hiking my tail off. What a great experience!

Plan on taking 1-2 years to select your outfitter, get your airfare, rifle permits, shots etc lined up. Don't be afraid to Email and call until all of your questions are answered. Get a Skype account. Very cheap to talk to the outfitter directly. Even better if you can measure them up in person.

Choose wisely, and have a good time. Remember, you get what you pay for, but the highest fees don't always mean the best experience.

BTW, I can highly recommend Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire Hunting and Fishing Safaris. I would not be afraid to hunt Ernest Dyason of Spear Safaris. Good luck!

Lowry smith

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, new Zeland,U.S., Kyrgyzstan Spain Burkina Faso
Koos runs a good operation my wife and I have been with them multiple times and was very enjoyable. Good animals also

RMHUNTER

Reaction score
Member of
NRA,NAHC
Yes Koos runs a top notch operation. My wife and I spent 10 enjoyable days with them in July 2014 celerbrating our 20th wedding anniversary.
We took some awsome trophies Kudu, 2 Blue Wildbeest, impala, Blesbok, Zebra, Gemsbok & baboon.
Koos has a great staff a great chef and excellent professional hunters.
We were always in great hunting areas that held lots of animals. We saw trophies like a 28"ish nyla, waterbuck, & a 16"ish bushbuck. If I could do anything over it would have been to take that nyla & tried to have taken that bushbuck but thats all in the plans for 2016 or 2017 as we plan on going back to Kuche Safaries. If you have anymore questions let me know and i will pm you my phone #.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mynewdf4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use robsheri@charter.net friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?