SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Koringkoppie Safaris?

UKnowWho18

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member
Is anyone familiar with Koringkoppie Safaris? I first came across them while watching an episode of Excalibur's Huntin' the Backwoods on The Sportsman Channel. I've been unable to find any feedback on this website despite the immense number of outfitters here.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

J.A.A. COMBRINCK FULL member of PHASA

Their website started in 2011
It is hosted by the Backwoodstv.com

Looks like that is their claim to fame.

I can find zero hunt reports in all my typical hiding places.

Good luck.

Thanks Brickburn. I have spoken to their US rep who is a producer for Backwoods TV - he is also featured on the show. He took my calls and replied to emails. Overall he was extremely helpful and informative. I'll keep digging some but am leaning toward book a hunt with them soon.

Check references.

Most outfitters will be helpful and informative.

Compare the offerings with other reputable Outfitters.

Again, good luck.

Thanks Brickburn. I have spoken to their US rep who is a producer for Backwoods TV - he is also featured on the show. He took my calls and replied to emails. Overall he was extremely helpful and informative. I'll keep digging some but am leaning toward book a hunt with them soon.

It would not be unheard of, for an investor in a TV show, to also be an investor in a hunting property, featured on the said TV show.

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but I would be very, very careful of booking a hunt where there are no hunt reports and its sole claim to fame, so to speak, is on an episode of a TV show.

Welcome to the site IKnowWho18... I am sure you will be able to find a lot of information on the site alone. Let us know if we can help with anything at anytime.

Best regards,

Jacques

It would not be unheard of, for an investor in a TV show, to also be an investor in a hunting property, featured on the said TV show.

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but I would be very, very careful of booking a hunt where there are no hunt reports and its sole claim to fame, so to speak, is on an episode of a TV show.

It's like putting all your eggs in one leaky basket. Could be good? Could be a nightmare in the making?

Did you book a hunt with them or did you find another place?

Is anyone familiar with Koringkoppie Safaris? I first came across them while watching an episode of Excalibur's Huntin' the Backwoods on The Sportsman Channel. I've been unable to find any feedback on this website despite the immense number of outfitters here.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I remember the TV show too. Any new comers to AH, should look at the outfitters here too, rather than base something they saw on TV. Plenty of options, a excellent place to ask questions and learn.

There are many reputable outfitters here with numerous good reports. Thread very carefully my friend.

If the US representative can give you several references good! Talk to all of them! Ask each one to give you the name of another reference! Good luck planning your hunt.

I remember the TV show too. Any new comers to AH, should look at the outfitters here too, rather than base something they saw on TV. Plenty of options, a excellent place to ask questions and learn.

I have hunted with Korringkopie in May 2015 and had a great hunt with my wife for our 25th anniverary. It is a family run business and they were incredibly friendly. They treated us extremely well, My wife only hunted one day but had a great time hanging out with the famil. They had plenty of wildlife and Jacque was a great PH. He has become a friend and was very patient with me while I learned the ways of the Bush (thorns). Their US contact was the folks from the TV show and they were extremely helpful. I'm proud to also call them friends and got a beautiful Whitetail with them back in the states this past Fall. I was reluctant and nervous too but glad I chose them. I'm returning next July 2017. I got everything I went there for with good quality trophies. I didn't have a single bad experience.

That is great to hear Leo H, I'm happy everything worked out for you!

I have hunted with Koringkoppie Safari for the past 4 years. I will be hunting with them in 3 days time. As Leo H has mentioned. A family run bussness and Jacques being a great PH. Extremely patient with first time hunters. He took my 10 yr old son on his first hunt in 2014
Attached is a pic just before he took his first animal.

IMG_0695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing this thred back up to see if anyone has had any updated experiences with this outfitter.
I am a local and have hunted with Jacques for the past 12 years. I will be hunting in May again at Koringkoppies. Let me know what you would lime to know and I can email you Pictures or information you would want from Koringkoppies. [redacted]
They are a family owned Outfitter. Great people

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a local and have hunted with Jacques for the past 12 years. I will be hunting in May again at Koringkoppies. Let me know what you would lime to know and I can email you Pictures or information you would want from Koringkoppies. [redacted]
They are a family owned Outfitter. Great people
Hi @Alchemist, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg