SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With John X Safaris?

DillonG

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
None
I have been doing a lot of researching and looking at reviews/references regarding outfitters in RSA. I have noticed that John X keeps getting solid reviews for PG especially over the past 5 years. Is there anyone that has hunted with them in the past that can provide some feedback?

Haven't hunted with them, but I do believe they have a booth at DSC (or did this year).

Planning on going in 2020. Appreciate the feedback!

I think they’ve had a booth in Dallas for as long as I’ve been going.
Never hunted with them, but they were highly recommended to me for hunting east cape by someone who had made dozens of trips to Africa.
Read and heard lots of good things about them, and plan on hunting with them down the road. Can’t wait to read your report if you go next year.

Was reading your other thread about finances. Don’t know what your long term plans for hunting in Africa are, but just thought I’d mention something that’s become a part of my hunting/financial plan.

I want to hunt Africa as often as I can. I plan a trip regardless of cost and start saving the money for that trip. Then I look for deals. If I can get a deal for enough saving over original planned trip, take it, and invest saved money. If I can do a trip for half of original plan and make the 8% you mentioned on the other thread, I’ll have my original savings back in 9-10 years. You get a trip now and a trip down the road for the same money.

For example, last year I got a deal with game4africa for half of what John x would have cost. Took it, and invested saved money to pay for that more expensive trip down the road. Prices may go up and may not get 8%, but could possibly get 2 trips for the price of 1.

By the way, not trying to promote game4africa, but I can’t imagine the hunting with John x could have been any better.

They have a ton of videos out there on Youtube- seemed like solid guys when I talked to them at the Houston Safari Show.
But I have never hunted with them nor know anybody that has personally.

I have hunted with them. There place is really nice. I would say they cater to the higher end. The term you get what you pay for come to mind as I’m sure most will note there prices are a little higher than your average outfitter. But there service and accommodations are great. They have been around for a long time and I see them being around a lot longer. They have many repeat Clint’s so I’m sure that speaks a lot for them. Carl is now running the place as his dad is retired. Woodland is there new property and home base. Pm me if you would like any more info

I have never hunted with them, but some of Huntershill PH are friends of some of John X PH and they have the highest regard for them. I would not hesitate to hunt with John X :)

There was a 60" Kudu hunted there a month or two ago

download (91).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MTA
Never hunted with them, but know they carry a good reputation. If they are at DSC Convention visit with them and get a feel for them and get them to provide you with some references.

Very nice for another outfitter to give a solid rep for a competitor !! True Honor KMG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg