SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Huntershill Safaris?

I am hunting at HH this upcoming June for my first SA trip and cannot wait. Greg has been extremely responsive to all questions I have had with an incredibly quick response everytime I have messaged him on FB as well to any emails. He probably gets more messages from me than most due to me likely overthinking things and wanting to make sure I'm 100% prepared for the hunt and bringing all necessary gear being my first Africa trip. I booked the hunt a little over a year in advance and I am very excited to get there. They came highly recommended and my PH for the Trip will be Jason who also came highly recommended. I will be hunting in mid june 2020 and gice a report upon my return with pictures of the 8-12 plains game trophies I intend to harvest on my trip. I can't say enough good things about owner Greg and PH Jason through the booking and preperations process. Best of luck on your hunt!

I am hunting at HH this upcoming June for my first SA trip and cannot wait. Greg has been extremely responsive to all questions I have had with an incredibly quick response everytime I have messaged him on FB as well to any emails. He probably gets more messages from me than most due to me likely overthinking things and wanting to make sure I'm 100% prepared for the hunt and bringing all necessary gear being my first Africa trip. I booked the hunt a little over a year in advance and I am very excited to get there. They came highly recommended and my PH for the Trip will be Jason who also came highly recommended. I will be hunting in mid june 2020 and gice a report upon my return with pictures of the 8-12 plains game trophies I intend to harvest on my trip. I can't say enough good things about owner Greg and PH Jason through the booking and preperations process. Best of luck on your hunt!
Can tell you now you're about to get the fever! and it's one there is no cure for though I am not looking for one. I to have done 7 Safaris with Greg and going back again in June this year and already planning for 2021. And you've got a great PH lined up Jason knows his job but he makes it fun as well that dude is a barrel of laughs. I have been booking hunts for Greg since 2010 and every client left as a friend and has been a return client every time. You're in for a great hunt.

HH was a awesome experience for me. My PH was Boyce and he was awesome. Room, food, staff, PH, animals, terrain, hunt. All were awesome. You won't go wrong.

I can't say that I have hunted with them, however I had the opportunity to tour their lodge and nearby surrounding facilities just this past November after hunting with Grand Safari at the Comre ranch. Toured through the cape buffalo, wildebeest and mixed game pastures and the quality of game animals was very good, albeit the cape buffalo were younger and not ready for harvesting for my liking. That said with the enormous size of the property I have no doubt that there are some old dagga boys lurking somewhere on the property. The cape buffalo we observed were undoubtably still on the farm team and the future superstars. It was nice to see that they had a conservation area near the lodge. To me it indicates that they have a real passion for the species of Africa. One other point I would like to make as an observation about hunting in the eastern cape. I wore my courtney selous boots while at the Corme game ranch and love wearing them while hunting south east of Windhoek in Namibia and in north east Limpopo but on the Comre property I wished I had brought with me a sturdier boot like my Meindel Perfect boots that I had bought at Cabelas years ago but left at home. With all the rocks and boulders of every size, a stiffer boot would have been nice. I never rolled or sprained an ankle but the fear of it crossed my mind. It wouldn't hurt to query your outfitter before you leave on your safari. And good luck and happy hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois