SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Game 4 Africa Safaris?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Kenny, Jul 19, 2019.

1. flatwater bill

flatwater bill AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA endowment member/Life member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    Kenny.....welcome to AH
    A great site for anyone interested in hunting.
    Or fishing.
    FWB

Game 4 Africa Safaris likes this.

2. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
    Hunted:
    Australia
    Rest assured I will report good, bad or otherwise after my hunt in January 2020.
    I’m sure it will be all good.

3. everett

everett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    rsa
    You asked about the quality suffering. No. Here’s my take on their operation. 1st the family has a meat processing business that I think is their primary source of income. I wouldn’t necessarily say that the hunting operation is just a hobby they love, but I think they do ok without it which allows flexibility on pricing (and I did get the impression they love doing it). 2nd because of their other business, I think the game meat itself is of more value to them, allowing them more flexibility. 3rd they own a lot of the land. 4th Wik and Collin do most of the guiding themselves. Last I think they market more through social media and word of mouth (lots of repeat customers) without all the marketing expenses some operations have. This is all just my opinion from having spent just one week with them. It is also my opinion from that week that if by quality you mean great properties, service, trophies, and people, you can spend a lot more money and not find better.
    Just my take

4. 375 Ruger Fan

375 Ruger Fan AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, DSC
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, Canada (Yukon)
    @everett I think your comments and observations are spot on. I've hunted twice with @Game 4 Africa Safaris and I think a hunt with them represents a really good value. For comparison, I've also hunted with four other outfitters in RSA, Namibia and Zimbabwe, most of them quite good but much more expensive. As far as game quality, I know both Wik and Colin are selective in what they allow a hunter to shoot. You will see a lot of animals and pass on many of them, because they aren't quite up to standard. On my first hunt with Wik, my daughter was on the sticks looking at a Nyala. Wik told me that "it was a good representative Nyala, but we can do better." It was around day 5 of a 10 day hunt, but it also happen to be my daughter's birthday. I thought it would be cool for her to get a Nyala on birthday. It was also a reasonable shot opportunity and the Nyala wasn't aware of us. We watched it a bit longer and my daughter took the shot. Was it a record book Nyala.........no, but it made a beautiful mount and a source of great memories for a lifetime. During our two hunts, we have taken some exceptional animals (Waterbuck, Impala and Eland) that would likely make "book." Greater Kudu in the Eastern Cape are plentiful, but not the 55"+ opportunity you will find in other parts of Africa. I'd say 48-50" is typical, but you will see enough of them to be selective and take one with beautiful, deep curls. Something that will make a beautiful mount. The Zebra I took last year got rave reviews here on AH due to the lack of shadow stripes. To be honest, I had no idea about that, it just looked like a big, old stallion (the flat skin rug just arrived this week and I love it!).

5. everett

everett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    rsa
    Don’t know why I keep praising game4africa; the more people who find out how good they are, the harder it’s going to be to get the best hunting dates I want at the last minute. (Just kidding if you read this, Wik.)

But seriously, I don’t have as much experience in Africa as many here, but I do believe game4africa deserves the praise.

6. Game 4 Africa Safaris

Game 4 Africa Safaris SPONSOR Since 2014 AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    PHASA, SCI, Wildlife Ranching SA
  7. Game 4 Africa Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
  8. Game 4 Africa Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Game 4 Africa Team looks forward to having you here!

9. Game 4 Africa Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    If you want the best dates you have to book in advance. lol;)

10. Firebird

Firebird AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Kenny, just for conversation sake, what is your wish list? What are the top ten animals you want to hunt the most?

11. Byron Hapgood

Byron Hapgood AH Member

Video/Photo:
    I will just agree with everyone else. I hunted with Game 4 Africa Safaris and a very detailed hunting report is on this site. You will have an amazing experience. It was a hunt of a lifetime for me. With a child starting college and another headed that way soon my finances may not allow a return as soon as I hope, but I assure you it’s a great value.

12. Rare Breed

Rare Breed AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Lol...are you kidding...my wife and I are still trying to figure out I am getting the Kudu I just took with them in July into our large house. Colin would not let me shoot many animals I saw because although they looked good to me they were not up to his trophy standards. You are in for the hunt of your life. Enjoy!!!