SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Game 4 Africa Safaris?

Kenny.....welcome to AH
A great site for anyone interested in hunting.
Or fishing.
FWB

I'm supposed to go on a hunting Safari with Game4africa Safaris in Apr - May of 2021. Does anyone have any info on this outfit?

Rest assured I will report good, bad or otherwise after my hunt in January 2020.
I’m sure it will be all good.

You asked about the quality suffering. No. Here’s my take on their operation. 1st the family has a meat processing business that I think is their primary source of income. I wouldn’t necessarily say that the hunting operation is just a hobby they love, but I think they do ok without it which allows flexibility on pricing (and I did get the impression they love doing it). 2nd because of their other business, I think the game meat itself is of more value to them, allowing them more flexibility. 3rd they own a lot of the land. 4th Wik and Collin do most of the guiding themselves. Last I think they market more through social media and word of mouth (lots of repeat customers) without all the marketing expenses some operations have. This is all just my opinion from having spent just one week with them. It is also my opinion from that week that if by quality you mean great properties, service, trophies, and people, you can spend a lot more money and not find better.
Just my take

@everett I think your comments and observations are spot on. I've hunted twice with @Game 4 Africa Safaris and I think a hunt with them represents a really good value. For comparison, I've also hunted with four other outfitters in RSA, Namibia and Zimbabwe, most of them quite good but much more expensive. As far as game quality, I know both Wik and Colin are selective in what they allow a hunter to shoot. You will see a lot of animals and pass on many of them, because they aren't quite up to standard. On my first hunt with Wik, my daughter was on the sticks looking at a Nyala. Wik told me that "it was a good representative Nyala, but we can do better." It was around day 5 of a 10 day hunt, but it also happen to be my daughter's birthday. I thought it would be cool for her to get a Nyala on birthday. It was also a reasonable shot opportunity and the Nyala wasn't aware of us. We watched it a bit longer and my daughter took the shot. Was it a record book Nyala.........no, but it made a beautiful mount and a source of great memories for a lifetime. During our two hunts, we have taken some exceptional animals (Waterbuck, Impala and Eland) that would likely make "book." Greater Kudu in the Eastern Cape are plentiful, but not the 55"+ opportunity you will find in other parts of Africa. I'd say 48-50" is typical, but you will see enough of them to be selective and take one with beautiful, deep curls. Something that will make a beautiful mount. The Zebra I took last year got rave reviews here on AH due to the lack of shadow stripes. To be honest, I had no idea about that, it just looked like a big, old stallion (the flat skin rug just arrived this week and I love it!).

Don’t know why I keep praising game4africa; the more people who find out how good they are, the harder it’s going to be to get the best hunting dates I want at the last minute. (Just kidding if you read this, Wik.)

But seriously, I don’t have as much experience in Africa as many here, but I do believe game4africa deserves the praise.

Rest assured I will report good, bad or otherwise after my hunt in January 2020.
I’m sure it will be all good.

Game 4 Africa Team looks forward to having you here!

Don’t know why I keep praising game4africa; the more people who find out how good they are, the harder it’s going to be to get the best hunting dates I want at the last minute. (Just kidding if you read this, Wik.)

But seriously, I don’t have as much experience in Africa as many here, but I do believe game4africa deserves the praise.
If you want the best dates you have to book in advance. lol;)

Kenny, just for conversation sake, what is your wish list? What are the top ten animals you want to hunt the most?

I will just agree with everyone else. I hunted with Game 4 Africa Safaris and a very detailed hunting report is on this site. You will have an amazing experience. It was a hunt of a lifetime for me. With a child starting college and another headed that way soon my finances may not allow a return as soon as I hope, but I assure you it’s a great value.

Lol...are you kidding...my wife and I are still trying to figure out I am getting the Kudu I just took with them in July into our large house. Colin would not let me shoot many animals I saw because although they looked good to me they were not up to his trophy standards. You are in for the hunt of your life. Enjoy!!!

Kenny, if you are still reading this thread don’t fret! I went with @Game 4 Africa Safaris in January 2020, first Safari, first international trip.
It all went smoothly. All I wanted was a management hunt, a good experience and the photos. It was discussed up front and that’s what they planned for me.
I don’t think the quality suffered. We still got treated well, ate well and the PH was happy to take us to look around when he found we had a day to spare making quota.
I think the only difference for a trophy hunt is you will hunt harder and longer, the PH will work harder to offer a shot on a suitable trophy. The fee will only increase being a Trophy Fee as it’s all relevant. And if they cull trophies there is little to offer trophy hunters.

I'm supposed to go on a hunting Safari with Game4africa Safaris in Apr - May of 2021. Does anyone have any info on this outfit?
They are the absolute best!!! It was my first African Safari and they were incredible. Five star accommodations, the family is incredible! I hunted with Colin and took my five incredible animals in four days of hunting. Meals were first class. You will never regret this hunt!

The OP, Kenny, was last seen in Sept of 2019..........SIM card and cellphone issues were among his only few posts, and perhaps he got these critical issues resolved. But good to hear of continued strong performance by G4A.......FWB

They are the absolute best!!! It was my first African Safari and they were incredible. Five star accommodations, the family is incredible! I hunted with Colin and took my five incredible animals in four days of hunting. Meals were first class. You will never regret this hunt!
Yeah, and Colins wife had a couple of her trophies on display. 2 impressive Kudu, didnt see his. Pretty impressed with Claires trophies . Taken with a .25-06 no less.

542CFE64-8310-4E2C-AD32-96DF0E808564.jpeg
Couldn’t resist-

Thank you for the Kind words. We had a great time with you in camp and Colin really enjoyed the hunt with you:)

Kind Regards
Wik Coetzee

The OP, Kenny, was last seen in Sept of 2019..........SIM card and cellphone issues were among his only few posts, and perhaps he got these critical issues resolved. But good to hear of continued strong performance by G4A.......FWB
Hi Sir,

Yes I am not sure what happened to Kenny. After chatting on Whatsapp last year around August or so, he promised to pay his deposit a few times but haven't received anything yet...
So im not to sure....

Kind Regards
Wik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois