SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Game 4 Africa Safaris?

Kenny

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm supposed to go on a hunting Safari with Game4africa Safaris in Apr - May of 2021. Does anyone have any info on this outfit?

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome Kenny, they have been a sponsor on AH for quite a while. Many members have had success hunts with them! You can do a quick search on the Forums and see all of animals that other hunters have hunted with them.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
I hunted with them about 2 years ago, would recommend them as a top notch South Africa hunting outfit. Wrote a report as well, if you want to ask specific questions, just P.M. me.

Kenny

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
My first trip was a disaster.

Kenny

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
When I go on my safari in Apr -May 2021, my phone didn't work last time. Do I gotta buy a South African SIM card to be able to call back to the U.S.A. and use the internet?

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Kenny, welcome to AH! A couple of places I’ve hunted had no cell service nor internet. Like taking a step back in time. I suspect if there is service, a SIM card would work. Your carrier may have a temporary option for you.
Another possibility is WhatsApp. I believe if you have internet service, this may work.
Or for big bucks, a sat phone.

Personally having no communication for a week or ten days so I can just focus on hunting is pretty nice. JMO
Good luck!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I can guarantee you will have the hunt of a lifetime. I would not worry about it one second. All I see is great trophy animals on my Facebook feed from them. The kudu they they have been killing this year will make you drool.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
My first trip was a disaster.
@Kenny Your first trip was a disaster................who and where did you hunt with and what made it so bad?

As far as @Game 4 Africa Safaris, I have hunted with them twice and think they are a top notch outfit as well as a sponsor here on AH. After you hunt with them, you will change your avatar to a photo of you grinning ear to ear, with a beautiful trophy animal.

This is a link to my two reports:
https://www.africahunting.com/searc...frica&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[user][0]=23300

There have been many hunts reports on them.
https://www.africahunting.com/search/28311823/?q=game+4+africa&o=date&c[title_only]=1
https://www.africahunting.com/search/28311806/

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
When I go on my safari in Apr -May 2021, my phone didn't work last time. Do I gotta buy a South African SIM card to be able to call back to the U.S.A. and use the internet?
I just use WhatsApp or email on my phone when in the lodge.

everett

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
rsa
Hunted with them last year and plan to go back in 2021. May go in 2020? Posted a report on here of 2018 hunt. I can’t say enough good about them.
Had no problem with cell service or WiFi with them while at the lodge. Paid for international plan with carrier and used my own phone.

Rare Breed

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I agree with Ruger. He put me onto them and was he ever right. I found WhatsApp is great for texts but I brought a rented iridium satelight phone with 60 minutes that cost me a total of $230 for the week to speak on a phobe

Firebird

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I was there this time last year and was exceptionally pleased-they provide internet and I use Verizon cell service. Verizon charges an additional $10 per day for international use. I texted a ton and called home several times, no big deal.
Wik is especially good at answering e mailed questions etc-get ready for a great trip!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome to AH!

You will find that they have plenty of good reviews in hunt reports on this site!

IA diver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA-EC, NC, NWP; Spain
Hunted with Game4Africa in early May along with my wife and daughter. A great time was had and really enjoyed a chance to give a little through the community school they support. You can dig a little deeper by reading my review if interested.

brandondd24

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA life member
Hunted
Namibia,USA, east cape sa
Hunted with game4africa in sept. 2017. Excellent hunt/trophies, Wik is an excellent ph, I suspect his brother Colin is also top notch!
Very gracious hosts, excellent food, a great time, I did post a report.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Just do it! I booked with @Game 4 Africa Safaris based on a recommendation from another Aussie. Still counting down the days.

I have spoken to Wik on the phone, he returns emails and puts up with my constant questions.

My first international trip and first guided hunt so I asked heaps of questions but if people keep praising them up There’s gotta be a reason.

They tailored a package for me and I can’t wait.

Kenny

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Does anybody know that with the economical prices of Game4Africa, does the quality suffer?

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I hope not. I did call Wik and ask those sort of questions. Im taking his word for it that i will still get the same experience that a trophy hunter would.
Try get in touch directly would be my suggestion
This is our first big trip and a 25th wedding anniversary and we are working on a budget but i think i have a good deal

Latest profile posts

pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.
On the ocean or in the bush .