SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Chris Troskie Safaris?

Hunter Franklin

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello everyone. I’m curious about ct safaris. I’ve been messaging them through Facebook and the ph on WhatsApp and something just doesn’t feel right. I asked the ph about a good caliber for elephants and buffalo. And what action I should get and his only reply was a 375 will be plenty enough for you. No need to go bigger. Something just seems rather fishy

CT is well known here and a member. Fear not, top drawer outfit.

I hunted Plains Game with Chris, First class operation

Numerous outstanding hunt reports (use Google search). Part of the reason I'm booked for plains game with them this July. (Also booked for July 2021 as a contingency if this year cannot happen.)

I'm unaware of ele in Chris's immediate area, (and don't recall seeing ele on his trophy fee pricing).

I haven't hunted with Chris but have talked to him before and his reputation is impeccable.

If I had to make a bet on why he suggested a .375 it would be because you asked and he gave you the caliber that most can handle. Without knowing your capabilities it would have been foolish for Chris to suggest a .500. And Chris is not foolish.

................ Something just seems rather fishy

I assume you are referring to Chris Troskie (just to make sure we are talking about the same thing)
There are plenty of satisfied customers running about.

Just for entertainment, what is it that seems fishy?

I have not seen anything negative about Chris or his outfit. Considered hunting with him but just haven't made it happen. From all I have heard he has a great reputation and company.
Bruce

Chris runs a first class company!

I'm pretty sure Chris owns a 458Win
And by the way Sabina is a Hell of a Cook, and has a wonderful Austrian sense of humor seems we spent every night laughing about something, They will make you feel like a long lost friend,

Chris is a top bloke, absolutely honest and delivers awesome hunting experiences for top quality animals. I was there last September, there’s a hunt report I did here on AH. Rest assured if you book with him you’ll have no regrets. Sabina’s cooking is amazing! And Sammy the tracker’s skills are incredible.

A .375 will do the job with solids on Elephant and softs for Buffalo.

Shot placement and proper bullets are paramount for success.

I have a friend that hunted with Chris several years ago (5 maybe) and had a great hunt. I have read others that have also had good hunts with him, and I have never heard anything negative. I would not hesitate to book with him.

Just be clear with your expectations upfront and you will likely have a great hunt.

A friend and I hunted with Chris last year, all good, expect to gain some weight from Sabina's cooking !

375 is good advise, I wouldn't be suspicious at all.

Hello everyone. I’m curious about ct safaris. I’ve been messaging them through Facebook and the ph on WhatsApp and something just doesn’t feel right. I asked the ph about a good caliber for elephants and buffalo. And what action I should get and his only reply was a 375 will be plenty enough for you. No need to go bigger. Something just seems rather fishy
Good day folks,

This 18 month-old thread was just recently brought to my attention so my apologies for bringing it up again but I want to set the record straight.

First, I want to thank the members who made positive comments about me and my outfit. It is really appreciated.

Second, I want to bring to your attention that the advice pertaining to caliber choice for Elephant and Buffalo given to @HunterFranklin was not given by me or any of my staff. I do not know who it was that Hunter Franklin was in contact with via Facebook and WhatsApp - but that was definitely not me.

Those who know me, will also know that a reply to the likes of: "a 375 will be plenty enough for you" is not typical to the way I respond to inquiries - I am (sometimes unfortunately) much more long-winded than that - and I do go through great effort to answer every question asked to me in great detail.

Having said this, those who know me, will also know that I am a big proponent of .375H&H as caliber in general (including Buffalo and Elephant) but there are also many other calibers that are as suitable (if not more) for dangerous game.

Many thanks and good hunting!

Chris

Hi Chris, Say hello to Sabina for me

Yes I know Chris and he even approved my using my 1895 .405 WCF to take the buff in the pic to the left. Of course the excellent PH and trackers did all but pull the trigger for me. They got me within 20 yards and who could miss at that range? At the cleaning shed, The tracker even brought the heart with a big hole in it and his smile was as big as mine. Great team work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross