SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Bushveld Safaris?

The farm or property is located very close to where I hunt for meat in the Waterberg Mountains its feels remote and will be a hard hunt in the mountains. Actually less than 3 miles as the crow flies from the camp we sleep at when hunting.
However I don't know or cannot find any info if they hunt concessions close by or moslty on their piece of land. When I visit a webiste I enjoy seeing or looking at the About Us but there isn't too much info on names PH's and so on but website is brand new they could still be working on it.

Has anyone dealt with or been hunting with bushveld safaris & outfitters? Trying to find out some first hand knowledge about them.

if i may ask a few questions

what attracted you to this outfit, why you thinking of going for a hunt with them
there are sponsors on here with same packages for less, and in general cheaper prices, with proven track records

not trying to be funny, just trying to understand, get some insight

looking forward

what attracted you to this outfit, why you thinking of going for a hunt with them
there are sponsors on here with same packages for less, and in general cheaper prices, with proven track records

looking forward
They offered me a package deal that's quite a bit lower than their price posted on their website.

They offered me a package deal that's quite a bit lower than their price posted on their website.
Good on you, doing your research. Wish more folks asked the questions rather than just jumping in.

Yip
Do enough research
Cheap hunts can end up being very expensive exercises

looking forward

The reality is that there are a great many African outfitters who rely on price alone to sell their hunts. It may or may not surprise you that these types of outfitters will offer to beat any other offer from competitors. I have spoken to quite a few that were willing do this, and a few of them are or have been sponsors on this site. Unfortunately, price is a big motivator for some hunters, and they are willing to risk quality, reliability, and experience to save money.

Hi @Robmill70,

I checked out their website, packages, and trophy price list. In my opinion, their package deals are more or less on par with the market average of what the reputable, well-established outfitters are offering here on AH.. However, their trophy price list is much higher on most species than the market average overall. If they are offering a package discount based on that list, I would take a very good look at how good the deal they are offering actually is..

I see from your avatar that you have hunted Africa before, so I will assume that you are experienced enough to know that booking an outfitter on price alone is unwise? In my experiences, when prices are too good to be true, there is a reason for that difference that is usually evident in other areas such as the lodging, accommodations, or the quality of trophy animals that are on offer just to give a few examples.

This outfitter may indeed be offering a quality hunt, but if they are a relatively newer outfit with few reviews and references as you are encountering, I would advise doing some extensive research before booking with them. I would not hesitate to ask them flat out how they are able to offer pricing so much lower than their competitors. How they answer can be very revealing and informative.

Yip
Do enough research
Cheap hunts can end up being very expensive exercises

The oldest cliche in the business is still true in that you get what you pay for.. If it's too cheap, there are reasons..

Hay there

Not sure but if i look at their std price list
They just want to get clients there and then they gonna lace you
$4900 for a kudu, thats about double the normal rate
$950 for impala
$850 for duiker
Holy hell guys. This is ridiculous
Maybe they plan to retire after one season
I wish i could ask these prices i would only need 2 or 3 clients for the year

Stuart, I cannot agree with you more.

Looking at that price list, I am giving my hunts away.
With these prices I will also sell package hunts for as low as possible and make my money with add on's once the package is hunted out.
Not implying that this is what is happening here, but I would take note of prices if the hunters want to add any extra game.
I guess we don't sell cheap packages but hunters can still afford to add an animal or two at reasonable prices if they wish.

I couldn't find a single hunting report doing a google search. Odd ? Are they new? As noted the package hunts aren't priced bad, but those off list prices are a little crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.