SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Bayete Group?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Mohuntenfool, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Mohuntenfool

Mohuntenfool New Member

bought hunt at NRA banquet hope to get more info on Bayete Group.

Paul Roell likes this.

2. JDMonson

JDMonson New Member

PM sent

3. Ed Lally

Ed Lally AH Member

Hunted:
    USA, Canada, South Africa
    Was considering bidding on a hunt with this group as well . What is the skinny? Anyone know?

4. JDMonson

JDMonson New Member

My wife another couple and myself are hunting in SA with them this Aug. The other couple won the bid at an NRA event. They have been good to work with thus far. Will keep you posted as we get closer and after the hunt.

Justin

KyGriz likes this.

5. Mohuntenfool

Mohuntenfool New Member

I will be anxious to hear all about it,.

6. JDMonson

JDMonson New Member

I talked with another outfitter this past weekend at the Wisconsin hunting expo and he confirmed the lodge they hunt out of is all legit and on the up and up.

Justin

7. ILhunt

ILhunt New Member

My husband and I also got a trip through Bayete at a Friends of NRA banquet. We havent gone yet, but look forward to hearing any info you find about them...

8. duckman90

duckman90 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DU, NRA, Alaskan Wild Sheep, SCI
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
    I hunted with them in November 2018 and I am going back with them July 2019. They are a great group to work with.

9. duckman90

duckman90 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DU, NRA, Alaskan Wild Sheep, SCI
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
    Hi Guys,
    They are a great group to work with.

The experience was good enough that I started repping their hunts. (Full Disclosure) I am their dangerous game guy. So if you want to take this with a grain of salt feel free, but I am posting this as someone who has gone through the anxiety of booking with them without a lot of information on the internet. I thought I could shed some light on it. When I booked my first hunt with them, they didn't even have a website. o_O

Having hunted with two other outfitters where I had less than awesome experiences with hidden/non-disclosed expenses. (Mostly around the dipping packing and shipping cost.) It meant a lot to me that Bayete was honest about everything, and I was able to get a quote for the shipping cost before I went. This allowed me to budget for everything.

On my first trip with the communication was a little slow, but that is par for the course in Africa. It has gotten much better over the last few months. Brooke has been great to work with and has made the whole process more streamlined.

As far as camps go, they are luxurious, clean, and the food is something out of this world. I usually try to schedule my trips in September, October, and November, because airfare is cheaper and I can take advantage of the pool. There is nothing like coming back from a morning of spot and stalking, where you are hot, sweaty and dusty and then being able to jump into a refreshing pool get. It's one of my favorite traditions when in hunting camp. (You don't want to do this in June or July.)

I do get a little tired of their breakfast sausages, but that is because they give me heartburn. I end up having fruit and cereal instead so I don't have to live on Tums. (I have the stomach of a 70-year-old man with Accid Reflux.) Everything else is exquisite. If you have a chance I really suggest you request they serve Eland while you are in camp, the Sable is also really good.

The wing shooting they do is my favorite way to spend the last day or two of my trips. It allows me to get a lot of shooting without blowing my bank account out of the water. I like to take my SxS 16 gauge with #5's. they are great for Franklin, Gunieas, doves, Rabbits, a cape hare, and Egyptian Geese. (I have even taken monkies with them.)

I hope that this answers some of the questions you all have. Please feel free to PM me but I am only on this site sporadically.

Cheers,
    duckman90

JDMonson likes this.