SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Aloe Hunting Ranch?

Wolverine67

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
Has anybody hunted with African hunting safari at Aloe Africa ranch in Kwa Zulu Natal?

Hi Wolverine67 I've never hunted with Aloe Hunting Ranch but I was checking out there website and they seem to have a great outfit and really good prices it would be worth asking them for some references if you havn't done so yet. Bob

Thanks Bob. I have just now asked for references. I let you know if I get some good ones. Trond

Hi Wolverine67 Just wondering what you found out about the Aloe Hunting Ranch, did you get any good references from the Ranch? Bob

Hi Bob
Yes I did get some good references (German clients) They also sendt me some nice pictures. They have good prices and nice accomodation and the hunting area looks very nice. I am still not decided where to go. Have good places both in EC, Limpopo and Namibia as well so.. I guess it comes down to the thickness of my wallet :)
And if I really want to hunt nyala and bushbuck. I have been looking at Cruiser safaris in Limpopo and Erongo lodge in Namibia as well. They both has outstanding hunting areas and very good prices. There are cheaper places like Volharding gameranch in Limpopo ( exeptionally good prices), but it is a high fenced area approximatly 5000 acre, so I dont know if I would like the hunt? I guess its big enough to make a good hunt?

I think 5000 acres is enough, their prices are nice....but are they associated with PHASA? If you have problems, after you leave it's best to have someone that will go to bat for you. I'll tell you with all the permit and taxidermy issues. You definitely have to have a organized outfitter and taxidermy and shipping agent.

I have heard great things about Cruiser Safaris.

I agree hole hearted with enysse, and you will find that most of the hunting in South Africa is behind high fence, the one I hunted was but it consisted of 55000 acres all together and unless you get lucky as I did and my PH just happen to own a 10000 acre sheep farm where I was able to take my Kudu, Mountain Reedbuck and warthog free roaming. Besides 5000 acre ranch isn’t that small wait till you have to walk it.

Hi Bob
Yes I did get some good references (German clients) They also sendt me some nice pictures. They have good prices and nice accomodation and the hunting area looks very nice. I am still not decided where to go. Have good places both in EC, Limpopo and Namibia as well so.. I guess it comes down to the thickness of my wallet :)
And if I really want to hunt nyala and bushbuck. I have been looking at Cruiser safaris in Limpopo and Erongo lodge in Namibia as well. They both has outstanding hunting areas and very good prices. There are cheaper places like Volharding gameranch in Limpopo ( exeptionally good prices), but it is a high fenced area approximatly 5000 acre, so I dont know if I would like the hunt? I guess its big enough to make a good hunt?

Wolverine67 you were right I was just checking out the Volharding gameranch and they do have some outstanding prices I mean like Eland for 1300 that hard to beat anywhere. I'm going to have to check them out some more I may go there myself.

I have not found any better prices for eland and waterbuck anywhere else. Good price for kudu and oryx as well. I am waiting for a respond to an e-mail I have sent, want to hear what trophy size to expect and if they do pick up at Johannesburg. I also would like some references. I did find them on PHASA`s memberlist so that should be in order. Bob let me know if you decide to go there, maybe we meet up :)

Well you have done your homework. If they are on PHASA's list. I would have no problem recommending them. They are affordable! And when I think about how much I have to work to pay for a hunt....affordability....makes a hunt move up to the top of the pile!

I agree hole hearted with enysse, and you will find that most of the hunting in South Africa is behind high fence, the one I hunted was but it consisted of 55000 acres all together and unless you get lucky as I did and my PH just happen to own a 10000 acre sheep farm where I was able to take my Kudu, Mountain Reedbuck and warthog free roaming. Besides 5000 acre ranch isn’t that small wait till you have to walk it.

5000 acres is 7.8 square miles. 7.8 square miles is a lot of places to hide unless you are talking about flat out wide open desert. 7.8 square miles of hills and bush will challenge anybody

I did get mail from owner of Volharding gameranch with some nice pictures of a beautiful eland he shot now in june? A really nice old blue bull, almost hairless. He will do pick up at Johannesburg for no extra fee. This offer is so tempting. Eland for 1300, southern greater kudu for 1100 and gemsbok for 800. Daily rate is 240 plus 14 % VAT.

I have only one option, and that is Erongo lodge in Namibia, Who offer a little bit more expensiv eland (1580 US dollar), but cheaper kudu and gemsbok (735 and 470 US dollar and cheap daily rate (210 US dollar incl. VAT + pick up and delivery at Windhoek for 235 US dollar). There will be around 300 US dollar more for the flight to Namibia for me anyway. Erongo lodge looks like they have a very beautiful hunting area up in the Erongo mountains. But Volharding have a enclosured property wich has not been huted by billtong hunters for three year, so the trophy size should be very nice. So my question for all of you is: What should I choose?

Yes he emailed me as well, he has Njala for $1500 and Cape Buffalo for $14500 on another ranch in the area. I emailed a friend of mine in South Africa to see if he knew about this outfit if he thinks this guy is ok then I will get Serious about booking a hunt with him you just can't beat the prices I don't know how he does it.

Bob
Let me know what your friend says. I`m inches away from booking... :)

I sure will He is in Bots right now guiding on a Buffalo/Elephant hunt but when he gets close to a computer he will email me back.

Hi Wolverine67

Haven't heard from my friend yet, but I did hear from Volharding game farm I'm going to have to re-think this one. I had emailed him asking about bushbuck I was thinking about doing a spiral horn slam, he emailed me on the 17th with
(Other animals in our area are Blue Wilde Beast at $900 , Njala at $1500, Buffalo at $14500 and Giraffe at $4500... ALL these prices are negotiable with the different Ranchers and according to availability. Blue Wilde Beast are quite common)

today I got an email saying (Thanks for your mail. Caracal and Bush Pig are hunted by chance as we do no dog hunting at all. I wasn't aware of the high prices for Nyala lately, but see that someone in our area are advertising it for $2500 ! ....Giraffe $2500 and Bushbuck at $1200.) :rolleyes: if he's going to raise his prices then there is no savings going to a smaller farm to hunt sure the Eland are still a good price but doing the math I can go back to the East Cape, Eland are $1900 and Bushbuck are $650 a savings of $150 the ranch is 55000 acres VS 5000 acres and $150 is a good tip for one of your trackers.

I'm not really surprised at all. Thanks to the internet and outdoor programs on television. Hunt prices magically have gone up over night in the last 15 years. One person is happy with their operation until they hear that one else is charging X amount over here and then he or she has to have it too. It's ruined a lot of hunting for me in North America and else where. Free Market...maybe! Hard not to become jadded over stuff like this.

I'm not really surprised at all. Thanks to the internet and outdoor programs on television. Hunt prices magically have gone up over night in the last 15 years. One person is happy with their operation until they hear that one else is charging X amount over here and then he or she has to have it too. It's ruined a lot of hunting for me in North America and else where. Free Market...maybe! Hard not to become jadded over stuff like this.

Overnight in the last 15 years???

I know what you mean but that was just kind of funny! :)

Personally I think SCI itself has probably done more to drive up the price of hunting world wide than anything else. A bunch of Texas millionares that are willing to pay any amount of money setting the bar so high that working stiffs can't afford it. That is one of the reasons I dropped my membership. SCI does a lot of good for hunting but I also think that it is one of the prime forces in sending the price of guided hunts into the stratosphere.

Hi Wolverine67

I heard from my friend today and this is what he had to say;

Never heard of them and I won't recommend hunting a Nyala in the Limpopo province, just because Nyala is a Bush animal that likes cover and thick riverine forest! and Limpopo's only have acacia/savanna bushveld.....
The pics on their website is shockingly small and immature (gemsbuck)
If it was me hunting...I would pay just that little bit more and know you going to get a big one!! I'm also a member of PHASA , but honestly a Nyala in Limpopo sounds dodgy!

so needless to say I'm going to stick with Huntershill Safaris on the East Cape. Greg is always willing to wheel and deal with a package hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross