SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Africa Hunt Lodge?

Magumba

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone had experience with this outfitter, Africa Hunt Lodge, hunting Cape Buffalo? How would you rate this outfitter overall compared to others like Wintershoek Johnny Vivien Safaris?

Since nobody has responded with specific experience I will comment on what I would be asking about each of these outfitters.

Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris

Johnny owns 4 concessions in South Africa for a total of 110,000 acres (an average of 25,250 acres per concession). He lives in South African (moved from Rhodesia in 1979) and is an active member of his community including being involved in charity work. He is a life member of PHASA and has been in the safari business since 1979.

Africa Hunt Lodge

Looking at their website it appears to be Africa Hunt Lodge is more of a booking agent than an outfitter. I could not find where they state that they are members of PHASA. They state "network of over 60 African Concessions. We hunt over 40 species of African Game on over 100,000 private acres of South African Concessions". If accurate that means the average concession size is less than 2000 acres. Looking at their trophy pictures I see no buffalo. No mention of PHs or how long they have been in business.

I would make certain who the outfitter I would be hunting with in South Africa would be. I would also confirm who the PH is and check references on both.

Make certain of the concession size. It would be upsetting to me to find out I am hunting cape buffalo in a 2000 acre pen.

Africa Hunt Lodge could be the best outfitter in SA, but I would definitely perform plenty of due diligence before booking.

Good luck with your choice.

I do have a question for you. SA is a great destination for a lot of different game. I never think of it as being a place to hunt buffalo. What attracted you to SA for buffalo?

Has anyone had experience
Has anyone had experience with this outfitter, Africa Hunt Lodge, hunting Cape Buffalo? How would you rate this outfitter overall compared to others like Wintershoek Johnny Vivien Safaris?
Since nobody has responded with specific experience I will comment on what I would be asking about each of these outfitters.

Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris

Johnny owns 4 concessions in South Africa for a total of 110,000 acres (an average of 25,250 acres per concession). He lives in South African (moved from Rhodesia in 1979) and is an active member of his community including being involved in charity work. He is a life member of PHASA and has been in the safari business since 1979.

Africa Hunt Lodge

Looking at their website it appears to be Africa Hunt Lodge is more of a booking agent than an outfitter. I could not find where they state that they are members of PHASA. They state "network of over 60 African Concessions. We hunt over 40 species of African Game on over 100,000 private acres of South African Concessions". If accurate that means the average concession size is less than 2000 acres. Looking at their trophy pictures I see no buffalo. No mention of PHs or how long they have been in business.

I would make certain who the outfitter I would be hunting with in South Africa would be. I would also confirm who the PH is and check references on both.

Make certain of the concession size. It would be upsetting to me to find out I am hunting cape buffalo in a 2000 acre pen.

Africa Hunt Lodge could be the best outfitter in SA, but I would definitely perform plenty of due diligence before booking.

Good luck with your choice.

I do have a question for you. SA is a great destination for a lot of different game. I never think of it as being a place
Cape Buffalo? How would you rate this outfitter overall compared to others like Wintershoek Johnny Vivien Safaris?
I
Your inquiry was in 2012 so this probably wont help you much seeing how I hunted Africa Hunt Lodge in March 2017. This may help new members or others. I had a great hunt with them. The four trophies I took were good examples of Limpopo area with the exception of my warthog which was a monster. My PH Wikus was top notch and a real hard worker. They have access to very large concessions and their base farm is very adequate also. Accommodations are modest and well taken care of. No AC so plan your trip in May or later. Food was great and owners super nice folk. If you want top notch trophies at a great price, this is the place. I bagged a Kudu, Zebra, Warthog and Impala for $5,500 one on one. This included 7 days hunting. Pick up and drop off included in price and not part of the 7 days.

IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG
IMG_0431 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross