SOUTH AFRICA: Hartzview Safaris - Wonderful Trip!

Adamsdjr

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I would like to report that my family experienced a wonderful adventure in late May with Hartzview Safaris. Jacques Spamer is both a fine host and first class professional hunter. My son and I did the hunting while my wife was an enthusiastic observer. Our trip began with an on time flight on SA from Dulles to Joberg that Lori with Travel Express arranged for us. We were met at the airport by Bianca Stander of Safari Concierge. Bianca had us quickly through SAPS and on our way to an overnight stay at the Witwater Guest House. Witwater was a great place to spend the night. We had an excellent dinner and breakfast and the accommodations were first class. The next morning we took a charter to Hartzview's headquarters where Jacques and staff were waiting for us. We got settled in, checked our rifles, met the staff and headed out for our first afternoon. This was our first trip to Africa and the 3 of us were thrilled to finally be here. The accommodations were very nice and quite comfortable, while the food was both plentiful and delicious due to Rhea's culinary skills. Jacques had suggested that we have a video of our hunt and not only was it a great idea to allow us to relive the adventure time and again, more importantly we we able to spend several days with Scott and JP of HP Productions and made two very special new friends. All of the Hartzview staff made us feel like family and worked hard to make sure our trip was a success down to the last detail. My son is 16 years old and Jacques worked great with him throughout the trip. The hunting was both challenging and exciting. The highlight of the trip was standing next to my son as he took a lioness at 21 paces. Jacques was very particular about making sure that only mature trophies were taken which we very much appreciated and will ensure that his concession will continue to produce quality animals. While this was our first trip to Africa we have been on numerous guided trips across north America along with international vacations and business trips. I can honestly say that never had we had a better experience than this trip with Jacques. Not only did Jacques work tirelessly on our behalf, we we left we felt like we were leaving family behind. I recommend Jacques for your next Safari enthusiastically. Unexpectedly one of the most enjoyable aspects of this trip was enjoying the company of Bullet and Roxie, Jacques' Jack Russel terriers. Not only are they amazing tracking dogs they are so much fun to be around! Below are a few pictures from the trip. 1.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg11.jpg

Nice report and great animals.

Well done, great Kudu!

nice report and great trophies...

like the lion

Congratulations on your successful hunt.
Father and son did well.

Congratulations Adamsdjr! Thanks for sharing pictures and hunt report!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the report and kind words on our operations my friend. We all enjoyed having you guys in camp and I am looking forward on seeing you guys in January!

Best regards,

Jacques

Congrats for a great hunt and good trophies.

Thanks for sharing !

Great trophies! That Black Wildebeest is a "hoss". Congrat's!!

Thanks for the hunt report! Nice animals!

Congrats to you and your family for a great hunt and some fantastic trophies. Thanks for sharing

Congrats, looks like a great hunt.

Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Congratulations on some fine animals

Congrats! Nice animals! Brian

Congrats with a great hunt and some great looking animals.
Thanks for sharing with us :)

You had a lifetime of hunting in just one hunt. Sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg