SOUTH AFRICA: Hartzview Last Minute Lion

Congrats! Great looking lion and PG trophies.
Thanks Nathan, I'm very pleased my whole hunt and the quality of animals my PH picked out!

Hopefully Ockert grilled up some backstraps from that Springbok, the man has a talent for that! He did that for us last year when we were there, the boy and I ate that till we were darn near sick.

Hopefully Ockert grilled up some backstraps from that Springbok, the man has a talent for that! He did that for us last year when we were there, the boy and I ate that till we were darn near sick.
I can't really remember as I was served such a variety of bush meat, but that boy sure can eat his lamb chops!

Congratulations for your hunt and the great lion an the whole team behind the hunt.......!!!!!

Very well done......!!!!

Congratulations for your hunt and the great lion an the whole team behind the hunt.......!!!!!

Very well done......!!!!
Thanks Rocket! The team deserves most of the credit!:sneaky:

Congrats on a fine hunt !!! I hope you left one lion as I am leaving thurs to hunt the next one !!! Looks like you had a great time.

Congrats on a fine hunt !!! I hope you left one lion as I am leaving thurs to hunt the next one !!! Looks like you had a great time.
Thanks K-man, I had an awesome time. Jacques will certainly make sure you have a successful and exciting hunt. Hope that you have the same type of weather I did....HOT! Best of luck and have a safe trip!

Congrats on a great trip.

BTW, James at the Shooting Edge in Calgary can get you a Canadian Export permit in about 2 weeks.

Congrats on a great trip.

BTW, James at the Shooting Edge in Calgary can get you a Canadian Export permit in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info! The primary issue was getting the pre-approved permits for South Africa....Hunters Support Air 2000 needs all the paperwork 30 days in advance. It was the best $150 I ever spent! On my last hunt, Hunters Support met me on the ramp of the airplane, we jumped all the customs queues, got my firearms permits and I was out of the airport in Jo'Burg within 1/2 hour. I guess it depends how busy they are in Ottawa, but the last time my Canadian export permit was issued within 2 days online.:)

Thanks for the info! The primary issue was getting the pre-approved permits for South Africa....Hunters Support Air 2000 needs all the paperwork 30 days in advance. It was the best $150 I ever spent! On my last hunt, Hunters Support met me on the ramp of the airplane, we jumped all the customs queues, got my firearms permits and I was out of the airport in Jo'Burg within 1/2 hour. I guess it depends how busy they are in Ottawa, but the last time my Canadian export permit was issued within 2 days online.:)

2 days? Early this year I was told to plan on 6 weeks! Thats why I used James. I got it within 2 weeks. I agree that Ann and her crew from Air 2000 Hunter's support are worth their money. We also used a car/driver that they hired to take us around Joburg rather than sit in the airport for 11 hours. He was excellent!

2 days? Early this year I was told to plan on 6 weeks! Thats why I used James. I got it within 2 weeks. I agree that Ann and her crew from Air 2000 Hunter's support are worth their money. We also used a car/driver that they hired to take us around Joburg rather than sit in the airport for 11 hours. He was excellent!
You're right, it says up to 6 weeks on the website, however I worked with Serge Laurier from the export/import office and phoned him directly. He walked me through the process and in 2 days I had my permits. Fortunately it was also Serge that approved my application. The driver that Ann supplied me was Fred and he was also great!

I have had anywhere from 2-10 days, never 6 weeks. fill all out correctly and provide all required documentation and u will be fine. probably 3-4 days.

Congrats Vinny, a great hunt and very good trophies.

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome, great job! I cant wait to get my lion and buff this summer.

Congrats Vinny, a great hunt and very good trophies.

Thanks for sharing.
You're quite welcome. Have a great week!

Awesome, great job! I cant wait to get my lion and buff this summer.
Hey Gizmo, 2 dangerous game species in one hunt sounds like it will be a fantastic hunt to look forward to!

A very nice cat indeed. Good shooting!

Was it pretty intense hunting ol simba? What was the range of the shot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.