Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DU, SCI
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA, Namibia
Just returned from my safari with Koedoeberg. Had a great time hunting at a great ranch with a relaxed atmosphere. The PH's Reinier and Ricus put us on some great animals and really went out of their way to make it a memorable trip. In addition to the normal hunting style, they took us on several night hunts for predators. Although we were unsuccessful in putting any jackals in the salt, it wasn't for lack of opportunity. We used a fox pro call with a steenbok in distress call and it worked great. At nearly every set up, jackals were checking out the call within minutes. If you get the opportunity to hunt at night, it gives you a totally different perspective and an opportunity to see animals that you might not get a chance at during the day. We were able to take a couple of porcupines, saw a brown hyena, an aarrdwolf, a civet, and a caracal.

brandon-black-springbok-jpg.14704

It was a short trip, but after six days of hunting I was able to take an eland, duiker, black springbok, black wildebeest and a porcupine. My brother-in-law took a great old gemsbok bull, impala, blesbok, and a porcupine.

I would highly recommend Koedoeberg. I have hunted several other ranches in South Africa and Namibia, and this is a ranch that I will definitely return to.

Attachments

• Brandon Black Springbok.jpg
    Brandon Black Springbok.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 985
  • Brandon Black Wildebeest.jpg
    Brandon Black Wildebeest.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Brandon Duiker 1.jpg
    Brandon Duiker 1.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Brandon Eland.jpg
    Brandon Eland.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Brandon Pocupine.jpg
    Brandon Pocupine.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a fine hunt for you and your brother-in-law those are some fine trophies. thanks for sharing with us.

looks like you had a great safari...

A bunch of activity in 6 days for the 2 of you...

Thank you for sharing the story and photos with us...

Glad to hear that you had a great time and a successful hunt. Great animals. Congrats to you and you Brother-in-law.:thumb::beer:

Thank you for your hunt report and pictures!

Congrats for a great hunt and very nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Nice black springbok! Thanks for the hunt report and pictures.

Looks like another great hunt was had at Koedoeberg congratulations. I can't wait for my upcoming trip with Koedoeberg in late May of 2013

sounds like you had grand time at koedoeberg, with some great trophies
this jakal calling sound fun
thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois