Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, IHEA
Hunted
US, Germany, RSA
All, just got back about two weeks ago from my first hunt in RSA. Sorry for the delay in my report, but this was coupled with a move from Alaska to Arizona and trying to get our house settled down here. Boy is it HOT down here!!! Anyway, my father and I had a great hunt with Ibamba Safaris. While this was our first safari, we were VERY impressed with our hosts. Ibamba Safaris is definitely a first rate company and by day 2 of our 7 day, we were both already planning our return trip. The details were for the Safari were a 2 person/7 day hunt in the Limpopo area with our choice of an Impala, Blesbok or Warthog and a Jackal. I was on a Bow/Rifle combo (PSE/6.5 Creedmoor) with my father using rifle only (300 Win Mag). Between the two of us, we took 2 Blue Wildebeests (Both Rifle, 300 Win Mag), 2 Impala Rams (Bow/Rifle), 2 Blesboks (Bow/Rifle), 1 Warthog (Rifle 300 Win Mag), 1 Bushpig (6.5), 1 Impala Ewe (6.5), 1 Kudu (Bow). We did not really hunt the Jackal, but I did miss a shot at one, running away at about 175 yards. Either way, we had a great time, and I cannot wait to bring my daughter back with me next time. She really wants to shoot a Zebra and maybe a Warthog.
First, I want to thank everyone here on Africa Hunting for the great information that you were able to provide me. Because of the forums and PMs, I think we were well prepared for the trip. Everything for getting row 31 from ATL to Joburg (Lots of extra leg room), to using a Meet and Greet Company when we arrived (We could have done it alone, but the $$ spent was well worth it), and the right stuff to pack (we only took 3 sets of cloths each, and that was just about the right amount), and I could go on.
So, I have attached the pictures of some of my animals (Kudu, Blue, Bushpig) and my father's (Blue, Blesbok, Impala). Enjoy.

img_1039-jpg.21358

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the hunt report and pictures Grady! Nice to hear that you had a great time and that you are already looking at returning...

Grady,
Glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your hunt and pictures.

Congrats for a great hunt and very nice trophies, I specially like the bushpig !

Thanks for sharing !

Congrat's on a great hunt Grady! Love the bushpig! Thanks for the report.

Grady, welcome back.

A trip to Africa is like eating Lay's potato chips, can't have just one!! I've done 5 hunts and 2 more planned.
Is Bushpig a opportunistic trophy or did you hunt with dogs? Blesbok is better than good. Congrats!

"A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa".

You done good! Nice animals. Bushpig are not easy to take. I really like the sunrise (sunset?) shot. Neat stuff. Glad you guys had a good hunt.

Congratulations on some nice trophies.
It is great to hear when someone gets support from fellow hunters and ends up having a great trip.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Roger, The Bushpig was a HUGE surprise. As we were going to a different area, we spotted him, and it was a quick shot or some would say a lucky shot, but either way, I was fortunate.

The picture was a sunrise on our final day.

Grady, welcome back.

A trip to Africa is like eating Lay's potato chips, can't have just one!! I've done 5 hunts and 2 more planned.
Is Bushpig a opportunistic trophy or did you hunt with dogs? Blesbok is better than good. Congrats!

"A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa".

+1!

It always make me smile reading the reports of first time Africa hunters as it makes me think back to my two Africa trips! The next one is a few years away but like these first timers, I can't wait to go back! :D

congratulations to you and your father on a great trip with some really nice trophies :thumb:

Thanks for the hunt report, nice pictures!

Congrats and thanks for sharring your hunt with us, those are some great trophies love that bushpig three trips and don't have one yet. maybe next time.

What a neat adventure for you and your father. There is something special about hunting with your father. Brings back some fond memories. Took my dad on a bunch of western states US hunts but never to Africa. Wish I did. I am happy for you and your father.

Thanks Stretch...While this was one of many hunts with him, it was definately one of the top hunts with him. My daughter is already planning my next safari so that she, not me, can take a Zebra and Gemsbok. She is taking after her mother, always planning new ways to spend money, but at least this time, her plan is to spend it with me doing something that we both enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross