SOUTH AFRICA: Great Hunt At Huntershill Safaris EC

Thanks again Everyone for the kind words and good wishes. We are already planning our return.

Congrats Bob, looks and sounds like you had a very good hunt.

Congrats Bob, looks and sounds like you had a very good hunt.

Thanks 35bore it was a great hunt, hard but great. Half way through the hunt my PH and friend Rusty was a little down hearted I ask him what was wrong and he told me he wanted it to be great like last time 9 animals in 7 days and I let him know it was. Last time it went so smooth for a first timer that it was unreal, this time we had a full moon working against us you could see the animals feeding at night nature I think had it against me wind, rain, full moon fog so thick on the mountain it was 9:30 am before we could glass for vaalies meeting challenges at every turn thats what made it so great the trophies were just the icing on the cake.

What a wonderful hunt you and Deb experienced. The smiles on your faces tells the tale. I am very happy for the both of you. Great story, outstanding! May all your memories remain indelible.

Great story and pics, congrats on a great hunt and thanks for taking us with ya

Thanks again guys it was a great hunt. I got an email from Cecil at Umilindi Taxidermy a couple of days ago confirming what I wanted for mounts so they could get started I'll post some pics in 4 or 5 months when I get them in. Mounts are; Com Reedbuck shoulder mount, back skin , Nyala wall pedestal half mount, back skin, Hartebeest shoulder mount, back skin, Warthog full body mount and Zebra floor pedestal mount, back skin.

GREAT NEWS!!! I just got an Email from my PH and friend Rusty and the Farm Workers found my Vaal Rhebok skull and horns still in tack this just made my hole month and put a finish to my reedbuck slam. Yaaahoooo :whoo:

Well that's great news!! Glad that part of the trip worked out for you!!

Very good news.

Thanks Guys the guys at work thought I lost it when at 5:45am I'm checking my emails when I jump up and yell! They all look at me and ask whats the matter with you? and I tell them they found my Vaal Rhebok and they ask are you crazy yeah I am I had already written off that 1250.00 bucks to bad luck, looks like I had a turn of luck. Next trip its Eland and Bushbuck to put a slam on my Spiral Horn.

Congrats Bob, Im glad they found him for you. The $1250 isnt as big a deal as losing something you worked so hard for.

Congrats Bob, I'm glad you got you vaal rhebok!

Well I recieved the email that I've been waiting for, the first peek at my trophie a pic of the Vaal Rhebok that I almost didn't get Cecil said that they were all but done and should be ready for shippment in about two weeks.

Attachments

• Vaal Rhebok.jpg
    Vaal Rhebok.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 103
Well I recieved the email that I've been waiting for, the first peek at my trophie a pic of the Vaal Rhebok that I almost didn't get Cecil said that they were all but done and should be ready for shippment in about two weeks.

Looks good.
That is a very nice Rhebok to boot.
You'll have to name it lucky.

Great looking mount Bob...congrat's!

Looks great Bob! Really nice rehbuck.
So when are the eland and bushbuck scheduled?;)

Looks great Bob! Really nice rehbuck.
So when are the eland and bushbuck scheduled?;)

Thanks Guys this is my first real look at him that wasn't through a scope and I'm rather pleased.

Trond the Eland and Brushbuck are planned for June want to meet me there. I have a 12 day hunt planned. Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg