SOUTH AFRICA: Great Experience With Pro Hunting Safaris

Andrew MacLeod

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Soutn African Hunters Association
I had a very pleasant experience hunting with Professional Hunting Safari's Bernard de Lange and Petrus Geldenhuys .It was my first Cape buffalo cow hunt in the Hoedspruit area of the South Africa and the team from Professional Hunting Safaris did a magnificent job of getting me into the herds and selecting me a fine animal . Although a relative newcomer to the industry the team of Bernard de Lange and Petrus Geldenhuys did a great job ensuring that I had an experience of a lifetime. The accommodation was good and while still giving me the Safari experience as I had my wife along with me for the hunt and I needed to ensure that she was comfortable. They also did a fantastic job of ensuring her safety as we pushed into the herds so that I could concentrate on what I had to do while not having to worry about her and she could enjoy the experience with me which I felt was important. I took a tumble during the hunt damaging my rifle and knocking my scope out of zero and for the way the team got me back on my feet, checked my equipment and more importantly restored my morale is a testament to there professionalism. The concession I hunted on housed the big 5 and was pushing into herds of buffalo in excess of 150 animals in each group. All in all I had a wonderful experience with a positive outcome. If you are ever in the market for a buffalo hunt I would urge you to look them up. A point to consider is that not all of us can afford a Cape Buffalo Bull but cows offer you a bigger challenge and just as much excitement if not more.

buffalo-cow-8-jpg.50509

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the great review Andrew, much appreciated!! Looking forward to taking you out on your next one :)

Here is a pic...
buffalo-cow-8.jpg

Thanks for the great review Andrew, it was an absolute pleasure hunting with you, and cant wait for our next trip.
And welcome to AH. I think you will find this site very interesting, informative and lots of fun.

Scan this QR code to watch the buffalo being recovered.jpg

Scan the above QR- and watch the retrieval of the Buffalo cow with the Rhinos in close attendance

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Andrew, those cows can be quite challenging !

Welcome to AH.

Congrats on your buff.(y)

welcome to AH ,Andrew,
congratulations on your buffalo cow , and also in taking your one and only , along to enjoy watching you achieve this
like the way make the mention ,how the pro boys looked after you pair ,aswell
look foreward to your participation , on here

Congratulations Andrew and welcome to AH.

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the amazing review. It was my absolute pleasure to accompany you on your first buffalo hunt. Welcome to AH. Looking forward to some bushpig hunting stories...

Congrats Andrew and welcome to AH! did they fix you any great steaks from her she looks like she would be good eating.

Congrats!!!

It is all about the experience. And you had a great one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross