SOUTH AFRICA: Great Biltong Hunt Rooiberg South Africa

SkywalkerHD

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just returned from one of my annual biltong (meat and biltong) hunts at a property I have shares in in Rooiberg Limpopo.

Went for two days with the aim of getting as much meat as we could. Targets were Impala and Wildebeest.

Managed to shoot 3 Wildebeest and 3 impala between the two of us ( my friend and I).

All dropped off at the local butcher for processing.

Can't wait for the results.

Had a lot of fun.

Rifles used were a CZ550 in 308 win and an old Lee Enfield .303br. Both did the job with no drama. All animals dropped where they were shot besides 1 impala (tracked about 25m away) and 1 Wildebeest (tracked about 30m away). All heart/lung shots besides 1 Wildebeest that I shot in the neck.

Some pics.

Cheers
SkywalkerHD
20230516_135026.jpg
20230515_173352.jpg
20230516_133825.jpg
20230516_113324.jpg

That will certainly fill the larder.
Congratulations.

Just returned from one of my annual biltong (meat and biltong) hunts at a property I have shares in in Rooiberg Limpopo.

Went for two days with the aim of getting as much meat as we could. Targets were Impala and Wildebeest.

Managed to shoot 3 Wildebeest and 3 impala between the two of us ( my friend and I).

All dropped off at the local butcher for processing.

Can't wait for the results.

Had a lot of fun.

Rifles used were a CZ550 in 308 win and an old Lee Enfield .303br. Both did the job with no drama. All animals dropped where they were shot besides 1 impala (tracked about 25m away) and 1 Wildebeest (tracked about 30m away). All heart/lung shots besides 1 Wildebeest that I shot in the neck.

Some pics.

Cheers
SkywalkerHD View attachment 534367View attachment 534368View attachment 534369View attachment 534370

Lekker man
Sure you had a good time

Sounds like you had a great time. Certainly will provide some great biltong.
Congrats
Bruce

It is always good to fill the freezer and pantry. Looks like a nice camp and a fun outing. Congratz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you