SOUTH AFRICA: Giraffe Cull Hunt 2006

I don't know if anyone got sick. I left Africa a few days after that hunt took place and spent the next 9 months or so in India, Australia, and southeast Asia. For the balance of the year I was mostly out of contact except for the occasional stop at internet cafe's (this was 2006 after all, and iPhones hadn't been invented!). The India stories were even more mind-blowing for different reasons. Life is cheap across most of the planet.

Well fine then, go ahead and live my dream why don't you! Seriously though, it's great to see someone living the life. Gives me hope.

Well fine then, go ahead and live my dream why don't you! Seriously though, it's great to see someone living the life. Gives me hope.

Thanks! It was a unique time in my life - one that I could never duplicate. Back then I was single with no personal responsibilities. I had also been grinding hard in my profession for the prior 10 years, so I had the resources to leave for an extended time.

Can't get much more real. Well written, and thought provoking. You did a good job of drawing me into the story. I turned up my nose anticipating the smell. As a cattle farmer, I wonder why they did not take other action to remove the dead fetus, clean the mother, and fill her with antibiotics. Given the cost of a mature Giraffe, I would have thought it worth it. Maybe it is not possible in SA. Thanks again, I am looking forward to reading more.

Don't overthink it--just let it flow as you write. Fascinating story. Keep it up.

Excellent writing!!

Very good writing sir, keep posting I would love to read more

Thank you for sharing! Your story is well told!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross