SOUTH AFRICA: GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS - 2nd Trip

COSA

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Second trip to @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS was better than the 1st, except for the weather (rained 3 of the 7 days). Even with the rain, we were able to harvest more animals than we originally planned.

I was mainly after Eland, Waterbuck, Warthog, Bushpig, and always Bushbuck/Kudu. A friend also came along for his first trip to Africa. I’ve had the warthog jinx my previous trips to South Africa & Zimbabwe; I timed it right this trip as the boars were on the sows. Only animal I didn’t get was a Bushpig, as they were not visiting the bait on a consistent schedule. I lost track of the number of Kudu bulls we saw, but I would estimate it was 75-100 over 7 days. I was looking for something specific/special for my Kudu, and I passed over some very nice bulls (Wik was probably starting to think I was crazy). On day 4, we we’re hunting Zebra for my buddy and Wik said I found your Kudu – One look and I confirmed. He was in a tough spot for a shot and we discussed the options over lunch. After lunch, Wik made a decision to move down the ridge and get closer hoping the bull would follow a cow into a small opening on the thick hillside - it was a gamble as we would lose our angle to the thick hillside. Luck played in our favor as he lingered in the one small opening just as we got into position. He ended up going 52 inches and had a huge body/neck for a Cape Kudu. Finished up the hunt on the last night with a duiker.

As expected, everything was very professional/organized from Wik, Brittany, and staff. Food/lodging was excellent (Love the daily homemade bread & desserts). The food w/o American preservatives just tastes so much better. Rented Sako rifle/Swaro scope was top notch. Pricing was very fair – I don’t think there is a better value in the hunting world.

My buddy had an amazing time as well and is now hooked. I’ll definitely be back for a 3rd trip in the future, thoroughly enjoy hunting bushbuck and kudu in the thick stuff. And warthogs are just plain fun to hunt.

Kudu2a.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I'm having issues with uploading photos..... Maybe Wik can add more

Last edited:
yep and yep !

Great Kudu and well worth waiting for.

Beautiful Kudu. That bushbuck is dark. Congrats on a great hunt.

That is one of the best pigs I’ve seen come out of Wics place, beautiful bushbuck and eland as well, if I ever make it back to G4A an eland may be #1 on the list or maybe one of his massive buffalo and bushbuck will always be on the list.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congrats on a fine hunt and some awesome animals.

Congrats for a great hunt, and thanks for sharing.

I like the bushbuck, it´s an old one.

That bushbuck is beautiful, like sun darkened teak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross