SOUTH AFRICA: Frontier Safaris - Eastern Cape Safari 2022

Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

Congrats on your trip. I hunted at Frontier this past April for the second time. You're absolutely right about the terrain making you earn your shots.

Don’t get me wrong I know the .270 is quite capable and has a great following but you can change my perspective and my biases. It just doesn’t work that way.
LOL!!! I feel the same way about the 270. On my first safari, I had to use my PH's 270 for a day and shot a zebra and a Kudu with it, I shot the Zebra 4 times and the Kudu 3 times. If your first shot is good the 270 is a fine round but if it's not IMO the 270 lacks the knockdown power to anchor a wounded 600-pound animal.

Congrats on your trip. I hunted at Frontier this past April for the second time. You're absolutely right about the terrain making you earn your shots.
So you know exactly what I am talking about! It is a tough but rewarding hunt.

Looks like an awesome hunt!!

What’s the deal with taking suppressors over? I have some cans in jail that I was hoping to take over, but after some research it seems as though taking them internationally could be problematic? Also, it doesn’t look like I will get my approvals in time to take them anyways.

For this year I’m having a friend in South Africa pick up a suppressor for me that I will just leave there to use while I’m in South Africa.
Sureshot you have received bad advice on suppressors my friend. Please get advice from real traveling hunters on these subjects. I’ve taken cans to RSA and Namibia many times. I’ve had them on the gun and off the gun. Not one person ever asked or even made eye contact with my suppressors. Here is what I do now: 1. Get a separate 4457 on your can, 2. Take a color copy of your tax stamp, 3. Put the suppressor in a gear bag in the gun case for travel. 4. Don't advertise the fact you have a can. 4. Have a great hunt!
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross