SOUTH AFRICA: From Cape Town To The East Cape Huntershill Safaris

Great stuff! Exciting getting that sable with the 44 Mag

Now I will say this if I learn anything it was this if on the next hunt I am using the loan of a rifle and they walk out with 2 boxes of those South African made ammo I'm going to cut off the end of my leather belt poke a hole on each end and tie some strings in those holes and just use rocks be just about as good. https://giphy.com/gifs/season-15-the-simpsons-15x17-3o6Mbp8XhCZULOSlvq

Last edited:
Great stuff! Exciting getting that sable with the 44 Mag
Yeah that made my whole trip yeah he's only a Bronze SCI but with a hand gun he'll be number 9 or 10 in the books go figure.

Pretty exciting hunt there. Nice sable and especially with a .44. Bet you weren't expecting that. Dandy Bontebuck. Nicely done. Just couldn't do it the easy way with the waterbuck could you? The important thing is that you got him in the end. Congrats on a great hunt.
Bruce

Pretty exciting hunt there. Nice sable and especially with a .44. Bet you weren't expecting that. Dandy Bontebuck. Nicely done. Just couldn't do it the easy way with the waterbuck could you? The important thing is that you got him in the end. Congrats on a great hunt.
Bruce
No I tried He just wouldn't work with me but you can't say I didn't give him a chance. It really was fun! And the Sable wasn't even in my dreams! I'm still waking up thinking about him.

Come on @Buff-Buster talk to us we want to here about your part of the hunt! Yes I missed part of it as they moved to the Rockford Farm!

Come on @Buff-Buster talk to us we want to here about your part of the hunt! Yes I missed part of it as they moved to the Rockford Farm!
Yea, your right Bobby! Need to get that finished up!

Well to add a little to it on this side of the big pond the animals are already mounted and setting in Port Elizabeth waiting to be shipped and Have been for a couple of months, another oversight on my part when we took the Bontebok they told us it would require a permit so not knowing any better I figure they're talking about a cites permit right! Wrong in December Mike from Rex Freight forward emails me and lets me know that he has my trophies and there ready for shipment just as soon as I scan him a copy of my Permit and I ask what permit I thought it only needed a Cites permit. He then let me know that the Bontebok is an endangered species and can only be imported from South Africa to the USA with a permit from USFWS and this can take up to 6 months to get. well I get online find the site and fill out the form print it off and get it mailed out the next day. Now for the Wait! Now I know they're working on it because 2 months after I mail it to them I get an email from USFWS it seems I was suppose to put a $100 check or money order with it for them to process it now I never seen anything about no fee's but I should have known better So the next day I'm back at the post office mailing a check return receipt requested because they made it perfectly clear if the did not have it within 45 days the case would be closed and I would have to start all over again. But that's how it goes Live and Learn.

Last edited:
Great trip you had again Bob. All nice animals but that bontebok is the biggest I have ever seen. Hope the permits goes through and you get him home.

Thanks for sharing your great trip!

Congrats, that was a great hunt !

Hunted with huntershill and harvested some amazing game , all went silver and some gold buff ,steenbok and sable
Janson is the best ph and can dance
Would recommend them without a doubt
Will be back

Hunted with huntershill and harvested some amazing game , all went silver and some gold buff ,steenbok and sable
Janson is the best ph and can dance
Would recommend them without a doubt
Will be back
That's always good to here.

For some reason on my computer these pics look right but when I load them they load side ways glad Wayne's got my back.
(y)

(Jerome had your back on this one)

Thanks J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross