Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Trevor Lake of Lake Safaris (Lake Safaris - South Africa) has taken the time to send me a couple of pictures of 2 very Happy Nyala hunters. I just wanted to share them with our members on the AH forum.

As discussion on AH has widened on weather the animals are fenced or free range. The area that Trevor Lake Safaris hunts is Wide open and as Free Range as you will find.

As you will see one Nyala bull has Flaring tips, which by the way is very common on the free range property that Trever Lake has sole hunting rights to. So if you are looking for a good 30 inch Nyala Bull to add to your trophy room this is the place to give it a go. All the Nyala bulls that i saw had the flaring in the horns.

Nyala LakeSafaris2.jpg

The second is a Good Nyala bull that has narrow tips. They are there however i did not see any with this configuration.

Nyala LakeSafaris1.JPG

Gorgeous animals.
Thanks for sharing them James.

Beautiful, thanks James!

I like the look of that first nyala...impressive!!!

Nice. I have been amazed at the number of species and areas that offer good free range hunting in SA, you just have to know where to look. So far I have hunted low fence Nyala, Kudu, Mountain Reedbuck, Vaal Rhebok, SA Springbok, Steinbok, Duiker (although they are winning so far), Warthog, Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Impala and I am sure I have missed something. Low fence certainly adds something to the hunt for me although I have no problem with large high fence properties either.

Where I will be hunting this August for Nyala in KwaZulu is all free range, 60,000 acres. They are over run with Nyala, 26" is the min. they will harvest but we will be looking for something bigger. So many Nyala have pushed the Bushbuck into the thick stuff, they will be a challenge too.

" A Dream can be relived again and again in Africa".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stewartsDucky

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber