www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
Spear Safari cc, is happy to offer a 7 night, Free range Buffalo hunt, in the Klaserie Game Reserve of South Africa for an all inclusive price of $13 970.00. There is a size restriction, so here we will focus on the Hunt experience, in big 5 country, as opposed to the trophy horn size, you will be able to harvest a "Dagga Boy."
Hunt has to be taken before end March 2023. Days can be added as well as Plains game.
Please inquire for APNR rules and available dates.
IMG_3708.jpg

We also have a 20 000 acres Fenced property 1,5 hours away where we can hunt numerous Plainsgame once the Buffalo has been bagged. Do not miss out on this opportunity. Remember this can be taken in 2023 as well, before end of March.

Hi Ernest , what is the size limitation?

I hunted a neighboring game reserve last year. Went with elephant as the primary purpose. I quickly realized the Buffalo hunting was amazing. The number of dugga boy groups we saw everyday was unthinkable. If you are looking for a old warrior Buffalo, then you can accomplish this with the size limits.

I really like the look of non-trophy bulls, as opposed to the really wide ones that look like Texas long horns with curled up mustacheos on the ends. For me it is all about proportion, but yes an old worn down boss takes the cake.

About one week ago we hunted one of my Management Buffalo in the Klaserie PNR, we had the total misfortune to be caught by the un-expected late rains, great for the Bush and wildlife, but not so great for the hunters. The first 3 days were basically miserable lol, but at least we did still see lots of Buffalo. We passed many legal Bulls as we were looking for something really worn down, basically the ugliest Bull we could find. A quick estimate would be, looking at around 200 to 500 Buffalo on most days, with lots of BIG bulls. On our second last day we bagged the attached bull, after following a big herd for about 45 minutes, being in and amongst the herd was quite the experience. When the shot came, we were 34 yards from the Bull. One shot did the trick and our hunter was very happy.
There is still one Tag available that has to be taken before 31 march 2023.

IMG_7856.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This can‘t be because the minimum age stipulated is 12-years plus. None would shoot such young bull anyway.
Mopani, the 12 years and older requirement is for unlimited spread. So while you are hunting, if you find a Bull thats 12 years or older, and has a spread wider than 38", you can take the bull and pay an upgrade fee.

Only a fool would shoot a buffalo 6-years old. Timbavati and Klaserie stipulate that no buffalo of breeding age may be killed, hence the bull has to be at least 12-years old. John Loydt and Graham Sales plus others will confirm.

So, a "Dagga Boy" like this one?

View attachment 460130
Dugga boys like this is a reality when hunting the open areas of greater Kruger. Although the bull in picture is closer to 13,even 14 years of age.

nice bull. I’d call him in a heart beat.

my best, as always

Actually @Mopani that sounds like a management plan. It reduces the number of small, less than 34" bulls from breeding much, if at all. But it allows bulls with horns greater than 34" to continue to grow and breed until they are 12+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg