South Africa first trip 2023

You are going to get addicted! Congratulations! It will be a grand adventure you will truly enjoy and never forget!

First trip to Africa booked with KMG for May 2023! Africa Hunting has been such a source of information. Looking forward to planning.

Congrats on booking it and good luck! Make sure to practice shooting off sticks, use riflepermits.com, listen to your PH, and make sure to slow down and enjoy the simple events during the days.

Congratulations!! Very exciting!!

Congrats! Which trophy animals are you hunting?

When I went I boiled it down to two main things, in my mind: be diligent with practice from sticks/tripod before going and leave my ego behind and do what my PH said. Those two had a great impact on my trip, IMHO. To those I would add: consider using a meet and greet (I used Rifle Permits), consider using a travel agent (I used Travel Express), think through a plan that works for you on tipping, and yes, it can and does work traveling uber light as far as clothing.

Best thing you're doing (besides going): weeding through info on this site.

Best of wishes sir.

Perfect start! KMG seems like a good outfit,just by their posts here. Like a lot of things the first time is the best.Without a doubt SA biltong is the best,especially with a cold Castle!!!

Great! Congratulations!

When I went I boiled it down to two main things, in my mind: be diligent with practice from sticks/tripod before going and leave my ego behind and do what my PH said. Those two had a great impact on my trip, IMHO. To those I would add: consider using a meet and greet (I used Rifle Permits), consider using a travel agent (I used Travel Express), think through a plan that works for you on tipping, and yes, it can and does work traveling uber light as far as clothing.

Best thing you're doing (besides going): weeding through info on this site.

Best of wishes sir.
Thank you, looking at travel express and rifle permits. Found great info on tipping here!

Congrats! You’re right, we are a helpful bunch, helpful at spending each other’s money!

Without question you will be in excellent hands with @KMG Hunting Safaris . The hard part has begun...waiting for that flight date to arrive.

Kudu
Impala
Warthog
Blue Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Nyala
That's a super starter trophy list, @Pblaine. My only change to your plans, would be to move your trip into 2022.

Wish you the best of luck !

Kudu
Impala
Warthog
Blue Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Nyala
And if time permits I have always wanted a trophy fallow deer
Nice list!! Whilst I was there, I killed an Impala, Red Hartebeest, Giraffe, and a Gemsbok. I would also like a Kudu and Nyala. I went along on a warthog hunt, and bushbuck. I have a massive list of critters I want. It is pretty amazing hunting in Africa. You will likely be mentally planning your second trip before you end your first. :giggle:

Kudu
Impala
Warthog
Blue Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Nyala
And if time permits I have always wanted a trophy fallow deer
Welcome to AH @Pblaine. You are going to have a blast hunting Africa!

If you are hunting in the East Cape, I would suggest you replace the blue wildebeest with a black. And/or red hartebeest. The black wildebeest is indigenous to the East Cape, blue is from farther North, so wait until you hunt Limpopo for a blue. You will need to go back;)

Black Wildebeest are very fun critters to observe and make really cool trophies:) And I'm partial to red hartebeest as well.

There are strong herds of fallow deer in the EC. But from what I have seen, they are nothing compared to New Zealand. Of course neither is the price. If you and your PH hunt hard, you should find a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!