SOUTH AFRICA: First Time Safari With Marupa Safaris July 20-31, 2021

Congrats for a great hunt, I hunted in the NC three times.

Met GC in 2016 when he was working with Spitskop Safaris.

Congratulations on a successful safari and great report. Great intro to AH

Any more details about the United flight? I have read varying accounts of this newest US to SA route.

Any more details about the United flight? I have read varying accounts of this newest US to SA route.
So we flew from MSP (Minneapolis) to JNB.

Flight from MSP to EWR (Newark) was fine. Small plane, quick flight, no issues. We had a 6 hour layover that turned into a 9 1/2 hour layover due to the plane not being "ready".

Flight from EWR to JNB was flawless once we got off the ground. Great staff, very attentive and a pleasure to converse with. Flight landed a couple hours late due to our delay leaving.

United representatives in JNB on the way back made some interesting "rules" about our ammo being in with our luggage and made us pull all ammo out of our checked baggage and check it separately which made me think that I would never see it again (did end up making the flights back home). Flight from JNB to EWR was PACKED. I don't think you could have fit another person on that flight. Staff was ok to poor. Food was awful and although we landed early that was all for none as we were "pulled in too far" once we landed. The EWR airport sucks and TSA and CBP need to get their stuff figured out as far as clearing guns go.

Flight from EWR to MSP was flawless and no issues.

Hope that helped. If you are looking for something more specific let me know.

Congrats for a great hunt, I hunted in the NC three times.

Met GC in 2016 when he was working with Spitskop Safaris.
GC was a wealth of knowledge about the area! He was an honorary member of our "Tripod" for a few days.

Congratulations all these animals. To me so long range shooting has nothing to do with hunting, MHO, but I wonder how you shot with the scope , no time to adjust it on the field, click click click. Is it tuned on 200 yards for example ?
Philippe

Congratulations all these animals. To me so long range shooting has nothing to do with hunting, MHO, but I wonder how you shot with the scope , no time to adjust it on the field, click click click. Is it tuned on 200 yards for example ?
Philippe

I appreciate your opinion event though we have a difference of them. As far as what my scope is "tuned" to is I sight/zero all my rifles to 100 yards.

I had plenty of time to take ranges, adjust scope/gun to dope and settle in to make the shot. The way I prefer to hunt I rarely have issues with not having time to make adjustments. Although potentially frustrating to some PH's, I prefer to not have to make snapshot decisions. I prefer to "sit back" and observe the game I hunt. I like to learn as much as I can about each animal. I like to be able to make decisions on my own on the quality of each animal before I decide to pull the trigger.

Happy Hunting!

Somehow, I missed your report posted last year. This was a very enjoyable read! Congrats on your great looking animals!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.