Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
Hunted
North America, South America, South Africa
I am posting this for one of my good friends and clients. THis was Prentiss' first African hunting safaris and one of his first big game hunts. He was bolwed over to say the least and he took some great trophies.

Prentiss had great luck, and the "hunting gods" were looking out for him. The first evening we were out Louis and Printiss took this very nice Kudu, and things just got better from there! He measured a tad over 52 inches

watermark.php

Prentiss hunted hard a collected so out standing trophies, such as the 3rd morning they ran into this 28 inch Blue Wildebeest. He was just super!!! The lucky dog also scored on a very nice Gemsbuck bull later that evening!

watermark.php

watermark.php

Everyone has a wish and when we were planning on hunting with Louis, Prentiss wanted a sable very bad! Well Louis knew of a farm close by that had a huntable herd of Sable. Well as awesome as Prentiss and Louis week had been going they scored on the 4th day with a knock out sable bull. I think he measured around 41 inches.

watermark.php

What a trophy! On the next to last day Prentiss landed a very nice impala! A very nice way to end out a near perfect, South African adventure!!!

watermark.php

Prentiss was new to big game hunting (he has been a avid bird hunter for years), but I can tell you he loves it now! I think it will be very hard to get him to hunt anywhere else!!!

watermark.php

Final day! Hard to leave!!!!

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Pictures and commentary! Looks like Prentiss had a awesome hunt....really love the sable picture. That is also a very beautiful kudu! Thanks, for the hunt report!

Congratulations to Prentiss on his first African hunting safaris!

Looks like he had a wonderful safari! Beautiful Sable and Kudu. The weather looks like he hit it just right. I'm sure Louis put on a great safari yet again. What rifle is he shooting? The wood on it is beautiful.

Tom,

The rifle Prentiss is shooting is a Mauser M03. Prentiss is one of our clients. We (My partner and I) are Mauser, and Sauer dealers. The gun in question is a standard Mauser M03 with upgraded wood (grade 5) in a two barrel set--7mm rem mag, and 270 winchester--topped off with Leupold VX-7 glass. IMHOP this is one of the best rifles made. You can take them down into a small package and put them back together and they hold Zero.

More info on these guns can be found out here:

Mauser: Mauser safety system for manual cocking

Sauer: S 202 Classic XT

They are fine rifles, I have been in the business a long time and I can say they are expensive, but when you are 9,000 miles from home they work without flaw.

Ed

Hi Guy’s

I would just like to mention that all of Prentiss’s animals dropped right in their tracks now I know it is not the rifle but the guy behind it but I was very impressed with that MO3 to say the least the fact that Prentiss knew how to use it made it even more impressive.

Guy’s if you’re looking for a gun that wont fail you in Africa please don’t hesitate to contact Ed he really know his stuff.

Good shooting once again Prentiss and thank you for a wonderful time!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Prentiss,

Congratulation !!!! amazing trophies ... & that sable & Kudu are monsters. Thanks for sharing the exquisite pictures & the hunt report...........

Monish

Louis,

Congratulations to you too my friend, for making Prentiss procure remarkable trophies . Great job done . You say it correct , "Its not the rifle but the man behind the rifle" ..............

See you soon...

Monish

Hi Monish

Thank you so much for your kind words it is appreciated! Prentiss really did great he never hesitate once and that is the kind of trust that one needs between client and ph.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Looks like congratulations are in order for all involved. You guys had a great hunt and took some excellent trophies.

Louis,

My friend , you are a humble gentleman & a great PH , and Prentiss did execute the hunt guidance in the most immaculate manner , fantastic trophies were produced ...

All the best , would be experiencing the .300 Weatherby Magnum magic soon with you ...

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross