SOUTH AFRICA: First South African Hunting Safari With JKO HUNTING SAFARIS 2021

Brandan Rigby

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS – 2021- First SA Safari

All emotions as expected traveling to the unknown for the first time, gun permits, Covid testing, flight changes the works... Once touching down in Johannesburg all anxiety soon faded away as we were greeted and guided to the SA police to check the firearms by Henry Durrheim crew with @riflepermits.com, and soon after the permits we met our PH from JKO, Jacques Spamer. My Father and best hunting partner, and Sister along for the hunting journey.

Not sure if I had any real expectations except a hard boss monster cape buffalo, nyala, gemsbok, and a warthog. After pouring over African Hunt for years reading and absorbing as much as I could and dreaming of the day we finally pulled the trigger. With the mixed reviews from one outfitter to the next we finally landed with JKO, and sure glad we did! I’m sure there are many great outfitters and PH’s out there, but I personally feel I hit the jackpot with JKO Safaris and Jacques Spamer. The quality of game we took and the adventure was more than words can explain. The hospitality, food, and friendships we made will forever be held close to heart.

With the lack in hunters over the last year due to uncertainties with Covid and travel restrictions many of the South African Safari outfitters are suffering from the lack of clients and many are still struggling to fill the hunting calendar. I mention this because there probably has never been a better time to go on a hunting safari. Easier to book at the moment, and the game with the lack of hunters over the last year and a half has given a little extra time for animals to really reach their true potential. Many of the animals below will stretch the tape. We took 22 animal between the 3 of us, absolutely an incredible journey. A huge thank you to JKO and their tremendous staffing, we were well taken care of!

JKO-2021-Pics-01.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-02.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-03.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-04.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-05.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-06.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-07.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-08.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-09.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-10.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-11.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-12.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-13.jpg
JKO-2021-Pics-14.jpg

Attachments

• JKO-2021-Pics.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
@Brandan Rigby, thanks for the report! Glad you had a great time with Jacques, those are some very nice trophies.

Congrats, y'all did well! JKO is a great outfit

Thank you for the report my friend. Was such a pleasure hunting with you and your family.

A lot of laughters and memories for all of us.

Looking forward to the next safari!

All my best,

Jacques

Well done, thanks for posting

Wow - You guys took some great animals! Congrats on a your hunt!

Old broken horn has quite a story. They called this old bull tea pot. He was mean and as cunning as can be. My father and Jacques specifically hunting this bull for 5 days and each evening was all we could talk about how he got away again. Jacques would say each night "this bull is breaking my brain" finally the stars aligned and he took this with the .470 kreighoff double. Later that evening Jacques presented a unique gift for my dad, it was the piece of the broken horn found 2 years earlier. What are the chances of finding that horn! What a special gift...

A great hunt, congrats !

You guys collected a great batch of trophies. I'd like to see a day by day write up of your hunt.

WOW! All exceptional animals! Congratulations to all!

Old broken horn has quite a story. They called this old bull tea pot. He was mean and as cunning as can be. My father and Jacques specifically hunting this bull for 5 days and each evening was all we could talk about how he got away again. Jacques would say each night "this bull is breaking my brain" finally the stars aligned and he took this with the .470 kreighoff double. Later that evening Jacques presented a unique gift for my dad, it was the piece of the broken horn found 2 years earlier. What are the chances of finding that horn! What a special gift...
haha this bull was not that old for no reason...... When we are not hunting buffalo we would see him now and then, once you stalked a bachelor herd of bulls with him in there he knew the deal and would then break off from the other bulls and go solo!

He broke my brain for couple of days but then we used patience and after a 5 hour stalk we got into around 28 yards on which Brandan's dad took his shot! A hunt I will never forget in my life, a special trophy to a great hunter and gentleman!

Thank you once again @Brandan Rigby!

Congratulations, i just sent my deposit in with them for 2023.
We are looking forward to hosting you on a great safari my friend!

Time will fly.....

All my best,

Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,