SOUTH AFRICA: First Safari At Tootabi Hunting Safaris

Dinner I'm glad you had a good time. Congrats

I guess this proves that RSA is not all high fences where a person picks out their animal and kills it. This was a hunt! I would rather have a hunt like this. Congrats @dobber on a successful hunt. I have only hunted two kudu. Both times I walked my butt off to get them. Neither one his all that big 42" and 43" but they are trophies to me. This just gives me all the more reason to go back time and again for bigger.

On one of our many uphill hikes i looked at Lammie and said, tongue in cheek of course "theres nothing to this fenced hunting" One thing i noticed was the amount of Aloe plants, everywhere, and several of them got put to use trying to fix up my once pretty legs

Attachments

• legs_zpsbe6z1mv4.jpg
    legs_zpsbe6z1mv4.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
Great job dobber and if you liked that kudu good for you. Dont let the gutter snakes crawl out and make something out of nothing again. Some people can only make there dumb comments when it is about tootabi and loodt. He is not perfect but has made some happy hunters in a short time.

Dobber, Looks like you made a donation at the blood bank.

On one of our many uphill hikes i looked at Lammie and said, tongue in cheek of course "theres nothing to this fenced hunting" One thing i noticed was the amount of Aloe plants, everywhere, and several of them got put to use trying to fix up my once pretty legs

For the record dobber anyone told you that you had pretty legs they were lying threw there teeth to make you feel good. LOL

For the record dobber anyone told you that you had pretty legs they were lying threw there teeth to make you feel good. LOL

I take a baby aspirin every day per the MD. My legs look cut up like yours dobber, but I bleed profusely. The ph's and trackers are afraid I'm a hemophiliac. :eek: I just tell them to treat me nice since I'm European royalty!:ROFLMAO:

The benefit to all this, the mosquitos don't bother me at night because I have no more blood to give.:)

One more critter left on the list, the elusive warthog, with the amount of stalks on them, uphill, downhill, through the cactus this field, that field, man would i find one the PH wants me to shoot. Have pictures of them at Addo park, but for some reason overtime we went on a stalk the cows, the birds, oh them damned birds, looks like Egyptian geese might be on the menu next trip, and smaller pigs busting us getting in the way.
Made stalks on an absolute monster 2 or 3 times, but he showed us each time why he got as big as he did, another stalk on one that a completely busted off main tusk on one side, another that just wiggled his arse as he walked away, waiting for him to stop and turn sideways, he didn't, just kept swaying that tail back and forth.
We glassed one more field and there was a tusker, so a plan devised and made the trek around the field to come in at the bottom vs where we were up at the top, 20 minutes later had us coming up to the field, sticks up, glasses up, can't see the pig, WTH where did he go? needed to go around the bush a little more and there he was further to the right, up on the sticks and Lammie says "shoot him, shoot him" once again, for those never having someone with them hunting, this is something that takes some getting used to in an already adrenalin pumped situation, but it also helps focus you in picking the spot vs looking at tusks through the scope and missing (see my first few posts, learned a few things along the way), safety off, pick my spot and pull the trigger, well he didn't drop, he took off running towards us, reload, he turns broadside towards the bush, miss my spot, runs behind a bush so i pull ahead, there he is, second shot i roll him, head still kind of up and a finisher shot to put him down for good. He was dead the first shot but didn't know it, even deader the second hit, but the third made his mind up for good. Another great hunt, a good stalk and finally my list is complete

Attachments

• Warthog_zpsl4glkq6p.jpg
    Warthog_zpsl4glkq6p.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha @dobber! The pic below was after only one day chasing my lioness in the Kalahari.

image.jpg

wear them with pride, not sure what was uglier, the scratched up legs without aloe or the legs with aloe, seems fresh aloe rubbed on your legs turns everything green lol

There was a post some time ago made by hunter noting that after a bit of getting scratched up, he observed that his PH was walking around the offending plants with the nasty thorns... Whereas the visiting hunter tended to walk through them.

Beings as how I'm not observant enough, and to slow to catch on, I just wear long pants :rolleyes:

Dobber, I am glad you enjoyed your safari.

Great old bruiser of a warthog! The wife killed one of that caliber in Botswana on our first safaris. Finished bleaching it out a couple of months ago. Here's how hers turned out.
image.jpg

Great job on a great warthog. I can tell by your report you did live your dream hunt on this trip. Just start the count down now for the return as now you know why we all want to go back after being there.

For all the cut up legs as bob said the new things called long pants helps that problem.LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg