Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Glad you had a great time. Enjoying the report.

thi9elsp

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique
Great report and sounds like you had a wonderful adventure.

WRudman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member ECGMA
It was good to have met you for that short time Dobber, and great to see that your wonderful experiences have allowed you to think about visiting South Africa's splendid shores again. Maybe we might meet again.
Hamba kahle

Matman

Reaction score
Great report, looks like you had a good hunt and a good time!

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada

Attachments

• terminator_zpsrasnweex.jpg
    terminator_zpsrasnweex.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
On one of our many uphill hikes i looked at Lammie and said, tongue in cheek of course "theres nothing to this fenced hunting" One thing i noticed was the amount of Aloe plants, everywhere, and several of them got put to use trying to fix up my once pretty legs
Damn that what my legs look like after Deb takes the weed whacker to them. LOL

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Glad you had a good time! Thanks for the report!

Redruff

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Botswana, RSA, Scotland, Canada
Dobber. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and are plotting your return. From another fellow Northern Ontarian to another congrats and try not to let all the other forum BS get to you. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the up coming deer season.

R.

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
there is at least one more story to be had, one that i dare say has rarely is ever been matched
Every time i go to write it though i feel a bit squeamish, but it will be shared

cheers

buchnerl

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA Hunters, ECGMA
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Hello @dobber ,

Thank you for choosing @Tootabi Hunting Safaris for your recent safari in Africa. I am delighted to hear and read you had an enjoyable time at our safari camp. An extend thank you for sharing your #Tootabi Safari Experience online with our friends and the great members on AfricaHunting.com.

Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Yours cordially,

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Well here it is, we had a few chances at baboons, saw a lot of them, and some real big buggers, but all them eyes made them a little skittish. Well we decided to go have a look after a rain for some baboons, all the animals on my list were in the salt and was nice to go out for a drive. Went to one spot and a family of baboons were at the top end of the field, but moving into the veld or bush as i know it, mind you after this trip its more a leg gashing, thorny poking, impassible, cactus filled fortress for critters. Well one baboon decided to hang around and was sitting on a fence post, was about 200 yards away, but for this story lets make it 500 yards, because even at that distance they are little in the scope. Up on the sticks, crank the scope, deep breaths, slow squeeze of the trigger and that baboon had no clue what shattered the post he was sitting on, dang it just a bit too low, but damn close.
Well off to the next field we knew that held some baboons, and sure enough, so the stalk was on. Crept along the back side of the ridge and were able to get to within 150 yards before being spotted. There had to be 40 in this family unit so real tough even getting that close.
Up on the sticks and waited just a few seconds for them to slow down, and pick out a big male, there he sat 3' from the fence watching all the others go through and over the fence. Same routine, sticks, scope, breath, squeeze and up he jumped and went through the fence, the shot felt good so had to walk on over. Well looking at the grass and leaves for a bit of blood i didn't see any, then Lammie says, well you hit him. started looking at the bush he was looking at for blood but couldn't see any (blaming that a bit on being color blind), he says no right there, and low and behold clear evidence i hit that baboon. Sitting on the top of the bush was a nut, just a single testicle, appears i castrated a baboon.
After a long track following the blood, we had a torrential downpour and made things real tough, couldn't believe how far he had gone and the ground he covered. Ended up having to call it a day after the rain, so no pictures of me and a baboon and out of respect for the baboon we took no pictures of his nut

Have to upload more pictures so hope to that this week while at work, Addo safari park and the Born free park were amazing, well actually down right funny when you see the stalking pose of a leopard that was eyeing up my PH, sure makes the hair stand on the back of your neck

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Great story.:D

KVS

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
PHASA
That's a great story!;) I have a similar unfortunate/skwemish story of a baboon but I like to save it for the camp fire.
Thanks for the report!

Wildside Outdoors

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
RMEF, NWTF, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

UKHunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
He is going to be sore while that heals over! :A Wheelchair:

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Williamapecy

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?