SOUTH AFRICA: First Blood Package With Bushwack Safaris

DSC_0293.JPG
DSC_0298.JPG

Nate,

Nice report, some nice wording...i had an excellent time hunting with you with some great laughs...

Off with my last client for my season on a Buff hunt.

Great news! I got an email today with the confirmation that my payment to the transporter had been completed, and the crate shall be scheduled to fly home really soon! I'm not sure if anyone else has had similar hangups, but it took nearly four months to get the export permits from Guateng, SA. I was told that there were 3 people working on my stuff, and they kept losing things. I sure hope those people doing dip and pack don't experience the same issues because I can't imagine delay is good for untreated skins.

By the estimation of what I've gathered from both transporter and importer, I should be able to drive to Atlanta early next week to bring my things home. I'll be sure to add more pictures as soon as I get them onto my wall.

I'm still waiting to hear when the crate will be placed on a plane. I don't know if it's the rep from Zingela not working very fast, or if it just takes a while to get a box placed on a flight. She typically responds to emails by the next day.

I wanted to add a note of much gratitude, and some bragging, toward my Outfitter/PH. Patrick Reynecke of Bushwhack Safaris is just great.

I was looking all over my home trying to find the TOPS permit for the black wildebeest. I thought it was in the purple folder I had stuffed in my carryon, which is still holding my camera stuff today, but I couldn't find that folder. I searched the suitcase. Then the rifle case. Then all three again. I tried in my gun vault, and the fire safe box I have. I kept coming up empty. I did, however find the permit I got at Patrick's office the day I left. I thought for sure I was S.O.L. (sh*t outta luck) because the import broker told me she needed the original for clearing customs.

I forgot to check the world clock on my phone to see what time it was in SA, and sent a text out to Patrick. It was somewhere in the 330 AM region. Then I sent him an email, describing the panic I sent in text. A few hours later he started texting my back. He was out in the field with a client, but had an assistant with him. Patrick sent the client hunting with the assistant, and made his was to the office, (or at least got his wife to help out) and emailed me scanned copies of the paperwork he has on file. Then he proceeded to explain in the body of the email that the original TOPS permits stays with the animal parts to taxidermy, through shipping, to the importer, and finally home to me. The entire time, this important paper stays with the skin.

I spent a few hours fretting over this whole thing, worrying I'd be at a loss for that money spent. Patrick helped get me back in line promptly within a few hours time.

THANKS SO MUCH PATRICK! You saved me a night of lost sleep, hours of searching, and my sanity. Rather, what's left of it!

Hunting with Bushwack Safaris was a great experience. Patrick's help was phenomenal before, during and after the trip. I'll certainly be going back with him when I manage to scrounge up the dough for another exciting adventure.

Very good articel. Cool pictures and nice trophies. You did have a good hunting. Congrats.
Witold

Reread your report and it seems to stop before the end of your hunt, what else happened after day 4 ? Great hartebeest and report!

I aim to finish that report...life got in the way. And I found my tv! Promise I'll get around to it.

In other news....MY CRATE IS IN ATLANTA TODAY!

OKAY.....SOMEBODY, ANYBODY COME AND WORK FOR ME TOMORROW! :S Please:Too much suspense building here. I really don't want to wait until Monday to pick up this crate. None of my co-workers can trade me shifts. I don't have enough PTO to cover for me simply calling in.

I looked into the cost of shipping versus my driving there. As long as I can borrow a car, instead of my monster V8 gas hog, I'll save by driving and paying the first day of storage.

But please, someone just come to Indiana and sit in this ambulance for a day....:A Exam::A Stretcher:

I wish I could help you, but I am sure the potential patient would not be impressed with my care.

Sometimes my DILLIGAF works really well, and the bull sh*t calls get zero concern...I bet only a few would notice!

Well, since no one wanted to work for me yesterday, I'll be headed to ATL to pick up my crate tomorrow morning. The real question is how much sleep will I get tonight? That seven hour drive won't be that much fun to do twice in a day. I prefer to do that kind of trip when work pays me...

On my way home with the precious cargo! ! !
ess1434401269886.jpg
20150615_163541.jpg

Close ups to follow later, as well as the last few days of the trip.

I just thought I'd share one with the group. Too bad I wasn't home when my wife walked sleepily out of the bedroom to see this...
20150616_130632.jpg

OKAY.....SOMEBODY, ANYBODY COME AND WORK FOR ME TOMORROW! :S Please:Too much suspense building here. I really don't want to wait until Monday to pick up this crate. None of my co-workers can trade me shifts. I don't have enough PTO to cover for me simply calling in.

I looked into the cost of shipping versus my driving there. As long as I can borrow a car, instead of my monster V8 gas hog, I'll save by driving and paying the first day of storage.

But please, someone just come to Indiana and sit in this ambulance for a day....:A Exam::A Stretcher:

Wish I could have helped you out there guy. But looks like you got some great trophies to put on the wall! Congrats

I thought I'd like the red one best, based on the pictures I had before. I am surprised at how much I like the blue gnu more!

Congrats on getting the trophies back ... that part was more stressful than the actual safari. I guess I had so many things to do to get ready for the trip that I didn't have time to get too caught thinking about it ... but that wait for the crate was excruciating. Glad you got yours ... post some pics on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheritaFow

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you