SOUTH AFRICA: Family, Rainbows, Kudu Bulls & Sunsets...

AjFourie

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
It's always great to have a family that hunts together and creates special memories together. Last week we where hunting in the Waterberg region in Limpopo. The Kudu rut is on this time of the year and both father and son managed to get beautiful kudu bulls. They also got two sable bulls and a couple of other species as well. We are heading into winter but still got some late season rain, notice the rainbow in the giraffe picture.( It was actually a double rainbow but we couldn't fit everything into one picture)

I'll add some photos of the hunt bellow, waiting to hear what you guys think? Remember to bring your family along on your adventure!!!

Blesbuck-Hunting-Kwalata Safaris-South Africa.jpg.jpeg

Giraffe- Rainbow-South Africa- Kwalata.jpeg

Kudu-Hunting-Kwalata safaris.jpeg

Kudu-hunting-Kwalata-safaris-south-africa-02.jpeg.jpeg

Sable-hunting-Kwalata safaris-South africa.jpg.jpeg

Sunset-SouthAfrica-Hunting .jpeg.jpeg

Kind regards.

Aj Fourie.

Beautiful sable bull-love those tips! I have always wanted to come hunt kudu during the rut-jealous of your adventure so far, can’t wait for more!

I am headed your way same dates next year! Looking forward to kudu rut hunting!

Great looking animals!! What rifles did you use? How long were the shots? Thanks for the great pics. Your friend, Brian

I miss those African sunsets!

Great looking trophies too.

Beautiful sable bull-love those tips! I have always wanted to come hunt kudu during the rut-jealous of your adventure so far, can’t wait for more!
Sounds good Fire bird, let us know when you are ready and we can put something together, hope to see you soon!

I am headed your way same dates next year! Looking forward to kudu rut hunting!
Looking forward to it, I'll have a look around for them in the mean time!!

Great looking animals!! What rifles did you use? How long were the shots? Thanks for the great pics. Your friend, Brian
Morning Brian, thank you very much. We used a .308 shooting a 180 grain bullet, a great caliber for the region we are hunting. Our shots could range anything from 50 yards to about 150 yards, depending on the situation but we try to get in under a 100 yards where we can.

What caliber do you use?

I miss those African sunsets!

Great looking trophies too.
Yes thank you, we where very fortunate and had a great time doing it!! Come over and have a look at some more sunsets some time!!

Morning Brian, thank you very much. We used a .308 shooting a 180 grain bullet, a great caliber for the region we are hunting. Our shots could range anything from 50 yards to about 150 yards, depending on the situation but we try to get in under a 100 yards where we can.

What caliber do you use?
Good morning. Thanks for your response. I have only in recent years become a rifle hunter. My first rifle used in Namibia was a Remington 700 in .270 with 150 grain Nosler Partition bullets. It worked great on my first safari. On my second safari I used a Ruger Mark II 77 in 300 Win mag with Nosler Partition 180 grain bullets. I wanted a larger caliber as I hunted Eland (female) and Hartman Zebra. I was also great. On my hunt in August 2021 due to transportation complications I usef my PHs rifle—a Tikka in 308 with 180 grain Accubond hand loads. It worked great on everything I shot well at. A spring bok required a long track due to my bad shooting. It also took a female Eland at 300 yards with a spine shot. I was well positioned with a rested prone shot. I recently scquired a Winchester Model 70 CRF in 375 H and H. You can guess what I hope to do with that soon!! Thanks again for your response. Your friend, Brian

Good morning. Thanks for your response. I have only in recent years become a rifle hunter. My first rifle used in Namibia was a Remington 700 in .270 with 150 grain Nosler Partition bullets. It worked great on my first safari. On my second safari I used a Ruger Mark II 77 in 300 Win mag with Nosler Partition 180 grain bullets. I wanted a larger caliber as I hunted Eland (female) and Hartman Zebra. I was also great. On my hunt in August 2021 due to transportation complications I usef my PHs rifle—a Tikka in 308 with 180 grain Accubond hand loads. It worked great on everything I shot well at. A spring bok required a long track due to my bad shooting. It also took a female Eland at 300 yards with a spine shot. I was well positioned with a rested prone shot. I recently scquired a Winchester Model 70 CRF in 375 H and H. You can guess what I hope to do with that soon!! Thanks again for your response. Your friend, Brian
That 375 just opens up a whole new bag of peanuts... as long as you send us some pictures!!! When are you coming back to Africa?

Good morning. I hope to come back as soon as money snd responsibilities allow!! Your friend, Brian

No trophies yet! Just rifle!

That'll do the job!! Great setup you have there man, I'm not familiar with the scope you have on it but having it scoped will be way better for a buff, can't hit what you can't see right???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross