SOUTH AFRICA: Eastern Cape Hunting With Nick Bowker Hunting

Michael Barr

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
After arriving home from my 6 day hunt in South Africa last night, I couldn't wait to post this report while catching up on work and fighting through some jet lag!

COVID Related: We had a negative test taken before we left from Charlotte, NC....they glazed over the page in Cape Town with no issues. To leave, we took a PCR test through a private company (AMPATH) in Grahamstown. Results were back the next day and Qatar airways reps looked over it intently along with some scans of it that were attached to my check-in reservation for my departing flight. Nobody in the U.S. asked or required us to show a negative test.

SET-UP: We landed in Port Elizabeth last Wednesday, the 2nd and hunted through Tuesday, the 8th. My buddy and I got to experience all of the excitement of big plains game hunting and even took a short trip north to capitalize on a relatively unhunted piece of property. I chose the Big Game Package that Nick and I worked out which included a Black Wildebeest, Nyala, Kudu, Waterbuck and Gemsbuck. Nick was able to get me within 400 yards of each trophy for great shots through fantastic planning and stalking techniques and I am elated to say I have 5 trophies being transferred to African Wildlife Artistry for taxidermy work. Please check out Austin Greenwood's report as him and I hunted together and our kudu were shot on the same day around 5 hours apart. A truly unforgettable trip and will be booking a follow-up trip in a few years after getting to see some amazing Sable and Eland while over there, adding them to the list! Please reach out to Nick Bowker via his website for any follow-up. He offers all-inclusive and al a carte options for any trip type you could imagine. Him and his team made this trip the highlight of my year and something I will never forget.

TROPHIES:

Wildebeest shot: 309 yards
Black Wildebeest.jpg

Gemsbuck shot: 381 yards
Gemsbuck.jpg

Kudu Shots: 343 yards & 341 yards
Kudu 1.jpg
Kudu 2.jpg

Nyala Shot: 312 yards
Nyala.jpg

Waterbuck Shots: 112 yards and 97 yards
Waterbuck 2.jpg
Waterbuck 1.jpg

And finally a good shot stalking some Gemsbuck from the top of the valley
Scope.jpg

Passport Stamp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You took great animals, well done!

Looks like you had a great time. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats on the hunt!! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on some fine trophies. Nick's equipment and operation is top shelf.

Congratulations, well done, thanks for posting

Nice trophies, congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg