SOUTH AFRICA: Eastern Cape Hunting With Nick Bowker Hunting

Michael Barr

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
After arriving home from my 6 day hunt in South Africa last night, I couldn't wait to post this report while catching up on work and fighting through some jet lag!

COVID Related: We had a negative test taken before we left from Charlotte, NC....they glazed over the page in Cape Town with no issues. To leave, we took a PCR test through a private company (AMPATH) in Grahamstown. Results were back the next day and Qatar airways reps looked over it intently along with some scans of it that were attached to my check-in reservation for my departing flight. Nobody in the U.S. asked or required us to show a negative test.

SET-UP: We landed in Port Elizabeth last Wednesday, the 2nd and hunted through Tuesday, the 8th. My buddy and I got to experience all of the excitement of big plains game hunting and even took a short trip north to capitalize on a relatively unhunted piece of property. I chose the Big Game Package that Nick and I worked out which included a Black Wildebeest, Nyala, Kudu, Waterbuck and Gemsbuck. Nick was able to get me within 400 yards of each trophy for great shots through fantastic planning and stalking techniques and I am elated to say I have 5 trophies being transferred to African Wildlife Artistry for taxidermy work. Please check out Austin Greenwood's report as him and I hunted together and our kudu were shot on the same day around 5 hours apart. A truly unforgettable trip and will be booking a follow-up trip in a few years after getting to see some amazing Sable and Eland while over there, adding them to the list! Please reach out to Nick Bowker via his website for any follow-up. He offers all-inclusive and al a carte options for any trip type you could imagine. Him and his team made this trip the highlight of my year and something I will never forget.

TROPHIES:

Wildebeest shot: 309 yards
Black Wildebeest.jpg

Gemsbuck shot: 381 yards
Gemsbuck.jpg

Kudu Shots: 343 yards & 341 yards
Kudu 1.jpg
Kudu 2.jpg

Nyala Shot: 312 yards
Nyala.jpg

Waterbuck Shots: 112 yards and 97 yards
Waterbuck 2.jpg
Waterbuck 1.jpg

And finally a good shot stalking some Gemsbuck from the top of the valley
Scope.jpg

Passport Stamp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trogon

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
Eastern Cape, SA; KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX-USA
You took great animals, well done!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Looks like you had a great time. Congrats
Bruce

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Congrats on the hunt!! Thanks for sharing!

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Congrats on some fine trophies. Nick's equipment and operation is top shelf.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Congratulations, well done, thanks for posting

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Nice trophies, congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikkiSettl

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?