SOUTH AFRICA: Eastern Cape 2019 With Hotfire Safaris

They are all nice animals and you earned them all. The experience and memories will stay with you forever. Way to hang in there and not let your physical issues deter you from the trip. Are you bringing anything home?

Congrats, that was a great hunt !

That Lechwe is very nice, one of my favorite trophies.

AB 2506............Liked the report. Love the Nyala, which is an excellent one. Always wanted a lechwe. Now my sermon: if your leg swells, gets red or painful after prolonged sitting......................go to emergency sooner the better! Don't wait for an appt! Hope you recover uneventfully............but some get a leg DVT, spit it to the chest, and the resultant PE ends their hunting days...........happy you are still with us!.....................nice report, great photos........thanks.........FWB

Beautiful trophies and congratulations on a great hunt. Sorry that you've had to deal with the physical issues. May your recovery go well. I have eight years to go until I punch out. That will put me slightly under 31 years and 58 years of age. It will be strange to not have to put on body armor or a duty belt for work. Congratulations on making it to retirement. Be healthy and start planning your next African adventure!

You won't miss the duty belt, uniform or body armour, at least I don't.

I sleep way better, I feel less stressed. I miss the camaraderie with my coworkers, but do not miss the work at all.

Hello neighbour. Glad to read you made it to Hotfire. I'd sure like to go again.

Hello neighbour. Glad to read you made it to Hotfire. I'd sure like to go again.

Well, get on it! What's stopping you? Go while you can. Hotfire is crawling with nyala and good to great Eastern Cape kudu.

It may have taken me a few days to shoot a nyala, but I blame the unseasonably hot weather. I saw nyala everyday, just not the right one or the right one evaded us in the bush. They don't get big by being stupid. Sometimes you have one spotted, but there is no viable shot and then poof, he is gone.

If you need help getting a hold of Patrick, I can likely help.

;)The problem is that I've been in Africa four years in a row! Close to lining up at the food bank.

Forgot something. If you like nyala, look at my recent post on hunting with Balla-Balla in Zambia. There are dozens of them running around like ours. Gotta love Patrick and Hotfire, though.

They are all nice animals and you earned them all. The experience and memories will stay with you forever. Way to hang in there and not let your physical issues deter you from the trip. Are you bringing anything home?

Lee, I am having the skulls bleached and the lechwe and bushbuck hides tanned. That way I keep the costs down ($2000USD) and they don't take up so much space. Our house is only 1230 sq ft with a developed basement. The secondary consideration is that I can go hunting overseas sooner.

I'm thinking Scotland or England for red stag and roe deer. I'll put in for Wyoming antelope, I have tons of points. Or back to Hotfire. Maybe one of those mid fifties kudu, a better waterbuck, a duiker, common reedbuck etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg