SOUTH AFRICA: Did Someone Go Hunting With Richard Holmes Safaris?

idahohunter

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
hello folks, im new to this site so please forgive me is this question has been asked before. I am interested in any information on Richard Holmes Safaris in the eastern cape of africa. I have contacted nearly every reference that is listed on his web site and every person has had a absolute great time and experience. i am interested in anyone elses experience or opinions about this safari company, particulary anyone that may not be on his reference list for what ever reason. He offers some really affordable hunts listed under his "hunt package" that no other safari company seems to even come close to. Like i mentioned all his references seem to check out, just seeing what you folks think. thank you.

Hi Idahohunter,
Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place to obtain your information regarding a trip. I see he's from my area, but i have never heard of him.
Hope that some of the members here might be able to help you.

Take Care,

Best Regards.
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the forum, Idahohunter !

Welcme Idahohunter,

I have spoken to Richard in this year. One of their concessions is owned by Peter Flack, renowned businessman , conservationist, and hunter... He(Richard) seemed pretty starightforward and forthcoming about everything we spoke about.

There is information/threads about 'richardholmes safaris' on this forum.

Enjoy your hunts.

Well, I know a number of people from my home state that have hunted with him. He usually donates plenty of hunts to many hunter conservation groups in the area. I have never heard anything bad.

Idahohunter Welcome to AH hope you have a great hunt and come here to tell us about it.

Dear Idaho Hunter,
I have a Safari booked for February of 2014 with Richard Holmes Safaris.
This outfitter was recommended to me by the owner of the gun club where I shoot. He is a former member of the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) unit with which I now work, so I take his recommendations quite seriously, and have booked accordingly.
I would be happy to provide my feedback to you after my return but, in the mean time, I will quote him - "if your wife goes along and wants fine bone china and 5,000 count linens, then this isn't your safari, but if you want a pleasurable experience, hunting with a straight-up outfitter, and a great PH, then this is your guy. I warn you that his wife's cooking will put a few pounds on you."
I hope this helps,
Oso Polar

Oso Polar,

How did your hunt go? Considering booking with Richard.

Could you give a short testimonial please?

Thank you very much. Hope you got what you wanted out there!

Lawrence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.