Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
i have narrower by choices down to 3 outfitters, Kalahari Rangers being one of them. Looking for any first hand info on this outfitter. I know they are a Leica Safari Lodge and Magic Lodge too. Thanks. It will be a rifle hunt for plains game.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you book with them, ask if their will be a photo group at the same time?

This could cause you some issues...

It appears that they have a good size lodge (6 suites) and do both hunting and photo safaris.

Welcome to AH enjoy...

Hi.

I went to hunt at Kalahari Rangers a few years ago. I travelled around the world quite a bit (From central Asia to Arctic and Africa several areas), but hunting at Kalahari Rangers was one of the best experiences I ever had.

The hunting area was exclusively booked out to me, thus i were the only hunter
The property is a little bit remote, but to be in the wild, so close to nature, is absolutely incredible.
The accommodation is excellent, but the bush and quality of the trophies are amazing.
Jerome, the owner and his family; really takes care of his guests and his team is very professional.

Really a dream trip.

If I can help you, don't hesitate to ask me !

They had a stand directly next to us at Huntex in RSA in April - they appear to be great. I don't think you will have an issue hunting with them and the lodging seems to be great. Jerome appears like a great guy who will look after his clients.

Welcome to AH Wes! Ask for a reference you can call and speak to directly.

I have hunted with Jerome Van de Walle and Glaser, had a fantastic time, plenty of game, perfect lodgings, stunning meals, every single part of my trip was 5 stars. This property is a massive 24,000acres and exciting to get around, and as the name says Kalahari, so the terrain is vastly different to the variations in the Limpopo, Eastern Cape, and South in general. I very much enjoyed being somewhere very different in South Africa, so remote that it feels much safer. I can see this sandy terrain and low rainfall can be harsh, so proper management critical. No cattle, no sheep or no goats, just natural game means the bush and grasses are strong and support the right numbers of african animals.
This was back in 2012, so Im sure ongoing improvements have happened, I could see a passion of Jerome running his late fathers business and their dreams. In 1997 they immediately removed all old internal fences, and built a lovely lodge. You can feel that excellence in how all tasks must be done. Yes you can speak to me directly if you like.
Does my reference sound too good, not at all. Just when you have a great time, and meet good honest people you give em a plug. I met Jerome through Magic Safari Lodges, where all companies must do a top job. At that time I also traveled to Dormund, France, Belguim, Denmark etc conventions and marketting my Australian buffalo hunts, and of course SCI and DSC.. Kalaharri Rangers have done similar, so yes once or twice a year I will see Jerome and shake hands as good friends, and the memories come back. I wanted to try Africa with a bow, and took 2x Steinbuck, Kudu (50min stalk), with the bow, (this was never intended to be a bow hunt ranch). They did have hides at some water holes, but they were built for rifle or photos and too far for serious bow hunters wanting to use blinds... but hey you dont know me... I love the challenge of walk and stalk, and it was tough and exciting. I was supposed to be there 7 days, however beforehand I got delayed in the Limpopo area with my friends Elephant hunt not going to plan there. So I only had 5 days, and on afternoon of day 3 over half way through, I took up the rifle and got a monster heavy old Gemsbuck female with 54" horns, Impala and Deiker. I am not a hard core bow hunter, and used up lots of time on stalks with the bow, and really really enjoyed it.. learned a lot, and the sand was 100 times better on my knees than hard ground or rocks in other places Ive been. I have hunted about 15 places around the world, and I know I will be back to Kalahari Rangers on my next Africa trip. I have an Aussie friend who I need to take to visit 3 places, and each place is with guides who I call great friends. (sorry Im not a frequent forum visitor)..

P1030807s.JPG
P1030714s.JPG
P1030725s.JPG
P1030865s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg