South Africa DEA - Non Detriment Finding For African Lion

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
full

South Africa DEA - Non Detriment Finding for African Lion

Non -detriment finding assessment for Panthera leo (African Lion)
Reference Number: Pan_leo_Sep2017
Date: 25 September 2017
Issued by the Scientific Authority of South Africa

"..... At present there are no major threats to the wild and managed lion populations within South Africa, although the management of re- introduced wild lion needs some improvement. Minor threats include over-utilization, disease, poaching and conflict with communities around protected areas.

Although there are no specific figures on the illegal trade of lions in South Africa, provincial conservation authorities indicate that illegal utilization of wild lion is generally small to negligible.

The trophy hunting of captive-bred lions poses no threat to the wild lion population within South Africa, and it is thought that captive lions may in fact serve as a buffer to potential threats to wild lions by being the primary source of hunting trophies and derived products (such as bone)......"

continue to full Non-Detriment Finding by South Africa Department of Environmental Affairs - SA Biodiversity Act

Source: https://www.environment.gov.za/…/nemba10of2004_nondetriment…

http://7s25.1ij.info/

photo by Cliff Tulpa

Attachments

• nemba10of2004_nondetrimentfindingsGN41393.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 213
Thanks for sharing!

this type of info needs to go to the white house,not the choir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross