David Kronenfeld

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I came across De Klerk Safaris through a lioness hunt offer here on ah.com and gave Hans a ring via What's App about two months ago. I wrapped up a four day safari with he and his team last week and I can't wait to get back to his lodge. Hans and his wife Marie picked me up in Johannesburg and were fabulous company for the seven hour drive to their family owned ranch which is located near Bray on the border with Botswana in the North West Province. The lodge is fantastic and the staff went above and beyond in making me feel comfortable for the entirety of my stay. My only complaint is that Heidi's cooking is too good - I put on more than a few pounds in my week there!

I brought a .416 Rigby out for the hunt and hired one of Hans's rifles - a sweet shooting Model 70 in .300H&H (I'm now in the market for a .300H&H after this past week...). Hans brought in a second PH, Frizzie, to assist given the lioness hunt required 2 PHs. While at the lodge Frikkie took me out for other game that was on my bucket list and he put me on some incredible animals. I walked away with a beautiful kudu, zebra, and gemsbok in addition to the lioness. Hans's operation has game galore, but this is far from shooting fish in a barrel - the size of the ranch makes it a real challenge to find, stalk, and shoot. Cape buffalo, springbok, blesbok, lechwe, kudu, zebra, impala (including black), warthogs, jackals, giraffes, red hartebeest, and too many birds to name were all scattered throughout the operation. It was spectacular to get to see so much beautiful game in one place and yet not be guaranteed to see it the next day or even twenty minutes later.

If you're looking for a great lodge, fantastic meals, fabulous staff (thanks, Adam!), friendly managers (thank you, Andrees & Marie!), a great PH (thanks again, Frikkie!), phenomenal game, a beautiful Kalahari setting, and wonderful owners - then put De Klerk Safaris on your short list!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. How about some pics? Be nice to hear some details of the stalks and shots. Congrats
Bruce

Frederik

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Sounds like a great hunt David.

DE KLERK SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
Thanks for the kind words David.
I spoke to Frikkie (the PH) and told him about the nice report you have about him.
He said after the cold weather we had the last week he feels like Frizzie and not Frikkie. LOL.
Hope the rest of your business trip goes very successful.
Looking forward to have you and your friends with us next year.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Congrats for the hunt!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for your hunt !

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Congratulations. Any pictures of the animals taken?

Hans, I sent you a private message.

degoins

AH veteran
Reaction score
Congrats on a great trip. I'll be hunting with them in October. Your report makes me look forward to it even more.........didn't think that was possible.

Hunting-TED

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
all over the world except Australia and NZ
Thanks for the kind words David.
I spoke to Frikkie (the PH) and told him about the nice report you have about him.
He said after the cold weather we had the last week he feels like Frizzie and not Frikkie. LOL.
Hope the rest of your business trip goes very successful.
Looking forward to have you and your friends with us next year.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Hans, would be very happy for your answers on my mails and asking for 2022 ;-) but I think you will not have time because of a lot of clients in the moment sunny regards from MUNICH TED

DE KLERK SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
Hello Ted
I did respond to your first e-mail.
It came back as undeliverable.

The first e-mail address was just a bunch of gibberish
It does not look like a real e-mail address so maybe your computer has been hacked?

Your second e-mail came from a different e-mail address and I replied to that one also.
Hope you get the e-mails now.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Last edited by a moderator:

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Hello Ted
I did respond to your first e-mail.
It came back as undeliverable.

The first e-mail address was just a bunch of gibberish
It does not look like a real e-mail address so maybe your computer has been hacked?

Your second e-mail came from a different e-mail address and I replied to that one also.
Hope you get the e-mails now.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Hi Hans, The private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxD

Latest profile posts

ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.