SOUTH AFRICA: Cruiser Safaris Hunt September 2016

Thanks Vanguard2279 for sharing a wonderful trip! It's nice to leave one animal not taken just to give you a goal to return. I didn't get a warthog and jackal, two on my list. Oh and of course many others get added to the list too!

Congrats, seems like you really enjoyed it, and also took some nice trophies.

Beautiful kudu!

It looks like you had a great time, congrats on some great trophies. My dad, brother and I hunted with them in August and had a wonderful time. I left my AH ball cap on the cape buffalo mount but it wasn't in you picture, someone must have needed it. We also had no idea Amy could cook, but we do know she can shoot.

20160818_162531.jpg

It looks like you had a great time, congrats on some great trophies. My dad, brother and I hunted with them in August and had a wonderful time. I left my AH ball cap on the cape buffalo mount but it wasn't in you picture, someone must have needed it. We also had no idea Amy could cook, but we do know she can shoot.

View attachment 160637
Apparently, DelMarie is in a culinary class for a few months to acquire even more amazing skills. Aimee did a great job filling in for her.
Pieter told us a story about a previous client whose children bought him a package. He had previously lost a wife to cancer and a son to Iraq. At the end of the hunt, he seemed to have found direction and a way to live again. Sadly, I can relate to that. My wife was with me every step of the way.
Everyone: Thank you for your kind words and congratulations. It was a great hunt. I'll hunt with Cruiser again. However, I just booked a hunt with African Cape for this April. I want to see another part of South Africa and have a chance at Black Wildebeest and Fallow Deer.
100_2362.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my selfies with a Giraffe. I wish my iPhone took better pictures because they Giraffe was way closer than it appears.
IMG_0187.JPG

View attachment 160637
I looked and couldn't find a link to buy an AH hat. I've seen them and that would be great to have for the next hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
A great write up on a great hunt. It seems like everyone has a hard time stopping smiling when they are in Africa. I also have to agree with Ridgewalker, leaving a couple trophies untaken is a great reason to start planning a return! It

Hans was my PH this past August. His eyesight is nothing short of phenomenal. My boys and I thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day hunt with Cruiser Safaris. Your hunting report makes me feel like I was there all over again.

I travelled with another hunter, John, who was on his fourth trip with Cruiser. He had hunted with the great PH Hans Moatse. It was only my first trip and it was hard to leave. I can only imagine how John felt.

Vanguard, Enjoyed your hunt report with Cruiser. My wife and I met Carel about half way to JNB on our drive back from our hunt the day before you arrived. Hans drove us half way to the airport where he stopped to pick up John. Carel had driven John from JNB for his hunt at Cruiser. Carel returned with us to the airport and was to stay overnight to pick up the last hunter of the year at Cruiser. Nice to know you were that hunter.

Thanks for sharing your pictures at Cruiser. Enjoyed seeing Hans, Carel, JoHan, Amiee and yourself along with Pieter at his usual place at the dinner table. Pieter the prankster. One evening while we all were at our places at table, he disappeared for a minute. My wife and two women from Canada were at the far end of the table chatting away as they are want to do. All of a sudden one of the ladies starts screaming. We all look that direction to see what the commotion is about. She pulls up from her lap a hugh rubber beetle about the size of your hand. Those of us who knew of Pieters antics, look back at his chair and there he is sitting with this big smirky smile on his face. You just never know when he will strike.

It looks like you had a great time, congrats on some great trophies. My dad, brother and I hunted with them in August and had a wonderful time. I left my AH ball cap on the cape buffalo mount but it wasn't in you picture, someone must have needed it.

Art, I was there Sept 3-15 and didn't see the AH hat. In the picture with the buffalo skull mounted to the post, there is a long narrow table (not seen in the picture) that is positioned on the right hand side of the entry doorway as you come in from the outside. On that table is a wood carving of the head of an African woman which had a Cruiser Safaris hat on it. Maybe someone traded for yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,