Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA,Canada,South Africa, Namibia
Just returned from 10 fabulous days at Cruiser Safaris. I took an 84 year old family friend (Chuck) and we had a wonderful time. Cruiser is located near Thambazini in the Limpopo province. I must say that dealing with Cruiser Bob (their US contact) was a real pleasure. He walked us through the entire process each step of the way. Upon arrival in Joburg we were met by Afton house representatives. Fortunately, we stayed 2 nights as Chuck's gun did not arrive until the second day. Chuck had always wanted to hunt Africa, specifically a Kudu, and was very anxious to get one. He did not have to wait long. At 11AM on the first morning, his PH Hans, spotted a very large Kudu. Chuck walks with a cane but is a real trooper. He was able to stalk up and make a perfect shot on what turned out to be a 59.5 x 58.5 Kudu. What a monster!!! Late that same day I was able to harvest an old "blue bull" Eland with 34.5 inch horns. It was amazing to harvest such a fine animal at last shooting light after tracking a group of bulls all day. Between the 2 of us we harvested 17 animals. These included 2 wildebeest, 2 waterbuck, 2 zebra, 2 steenbok, duiker, gemsbok, blesbok, impala, and 3 warthogs. I can't say enough good things about Cruiser Safaris. The PH's were top notch, the accommodations were 5 star as was the food. I felt we arrived as clients and left as friends. What more could you want. If your looking for a great plains game hunt, look up Cruiser Safari's website you won't be disappointed.

Just returned from 10 fabulous days at Cruiser Safaris. I took an 84 year old family friend (Chuck) and we had a wonderful time. Cruiser is located near Thambazini in the Limpopo province. I must say that dealing with Cruiser Bob (their US contact) was a real pleasure. He walked us through the entire process each step of the way. Upon arrival in Joburg we were met by Afton house representatives. Fortunately, we stayed 2 nights as Chuck's gun did not arrive until the second day. Chuck had always wanted to hunt Africa, specifically a Kudu, and was very anxious to get one. He did not have to wait long. At 11AM on the first morning, his PH Hans, spotted a very large Kudu. Chuck walks with a cane but is a real trooper. He was able to stalk up and make a perfect shot on what turned out to be a 59.5 x 58.5 Kudu. What a monster!!! Late that same day I was able to harvest an old "blue bull" Eland with 34.5 inch horns. It was amazing to harvest such a fine animal at last shooting light after tracking a group of bulls all day. Between the 2 of us we harvested 17 animals. These included 2 wildebeest, 2 waterbuck, 2 zebra, 2 steenbok, duiker, gemsbok, blesbok, impala, and 3 warthogs. I can't say enough good things about Cruiser Safaris. The PH's were top notch, the accommodations were 5 star as was the food. I felt we arrived as clients and left as friends. What more could you want. If your looking for a great plains game hunt, look up Cruiser Safari's website you won't be disappointed.

Let me be the first to say...... OUTSTANDING!! I don't know if he knows it or not, but Chuck was exceptionally fortunate to shoot such a grand Kudu.

Now, let me also be the first to say you need to post pictures!! Congrats on a fine safari, the memories will be with you the rest of your life.

Thanks for the hunt report, glad you had a excellent time! That kudu sounds outstanding!!! Please post pictures!

Cruiser safaris is a great place and I have hunted there twice, great group of guys and fantastic animals. Looking forward to seeing the pictures as well.

Pictures

Here are the pictures of our hunt;)

watermark.php

59.5 and 58.5 inch Kudu, what a monster!!

watermark.php

Eland with 34.5 inch horns.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, Drew and I were very fortunate to be able to share the hunting camp with folks like you, Mr. Chuck, Chris and David, and the whole staff at Cruiser's. We had the time of our lives. I hope the trip back was good for you and Mr. Chuck.

Alaska Hunter, Thanks for your hunt report and wonderful trophy pictures.

Fine trophies all!! Some guys have all the luck! LOL!

Awesome pics, and a beautiful Blue Wildebeest, congrats Alaskahunter

Fantastic Hunt and Great pics Glad the both of you had a great hunt.

Really like the kudu and warthog...congrats!

Congratulations, Alaska hunter, that kudu is outstanding, and the warthog is pretty good !

Congrats on some fine trophies. Thanks for sharing.

nd

Excellent Trophies, Makes waiting for my trip to Cruiser next may all the mor difficult

Excellent Trophies, Makes waiting for my trip to Cruiser next may all the mor difficult

Tom, Your going at a great time, I was there last May and Peter was my Ph and called in 2 Impalas within 10 feet while they were rutting, we were covered up by them so we couldn't move. Ended up taking a 26 1/2 Imapla, one of the greatest stalks in my life.

Alaska Hunter, thanks for sharing your great pictures. I'm going to hunt with Cruiser Safari next Jul and I can't barely wait. I'm going for a 10 day 6 plains games. What advice can you recommend for a first timer? I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross