Reaction score
Website
jkosafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Spain, Uganda, Greenland, Cameroon
Fellow hunters and friends,

I put together this email and send it out to all my clients and friends, I thought that I would also share it on here and update the thread as we receive news and updates.

We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation around the world, this is an unprecedented time for everyone — a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty. Our hearts and thoughts go out to each and every one of you
At the writing of this email, South Africa has only 61 confirmed cases with no casualties as of yet. We anticipate that this number will still rise but we can assure that our government has taken drastic steps to contain the spreading of the virus.
Here is a short summary of what the president of South Africa said last night addressing the nation:

Summary Of The Address By The President of the Republic of South Africa.

Declared:

• National State of Disaster:
  • Travel ban on high-risk countries starting 18 March. Visas have been cancelled and existing visas will be revoked.
  • SA citizens will not be allowed to travel to high-risk countries.
  • SA citizens returning from high-risk countries will be placed in quarantine.
  • SA has 72 ports of entry, 35 will be shut down from Monday.
  • All non-essential travel outside of the country is prohibited.
  • Domestic travel is not encouraged.
  • Social and community gatherings is discouraged.
  • Gatherings of more than 100 people will be prohibited.
  • Schools will be closed from Wednesday 18th until the end of the Easter Weekend.
  • Business to exercise great care to protect staff.
  • There will be quarantine sites in all metros.
  • There will be a tracking system to track and monitor those who have been infected with the virus.

We at JKO Hunting Safaris would encourage any clients that is booked for an African safari to keep calm and wait it out a couple of days / weeks before drastically acting on your safari plans.

I do understand that there is a lot of uncertainty but with time we will learn more. We believe the drastic measures taken by our government is indeed necessary to stop the spread of the virus before it does much more damage over a prolonged time frame.
We will go out of our way to accommodate the reschedule of any of our clients that are affected by the Covid-19 situation. We also do understand that all of our clients have to travel internationally to get to Africa and our other destinations. We do not know at this stage how long the travel ban in South Africa would be but I would say at least 30 days. We will work tirelessly to help all our clients reschedule their safaris for a later stage and will honour all safaris booked with us, we urge clients not to cancel their safaris completely.

We pray for all the people that have been infected and drastically affected by the virus. We will do our best to keep you updated on the situation in South Africa and how it develops.

Thank you very much for your time and please do not hesitate to contact us with any requests or safari related questions.

All my best,

Jacques Spamer

There was also said that they want to initiate visa's for some countries. PHASA is currently in a meeting with the Tourism board to shed some more light on this matter. As soon as we know more I will relay the information here.

Thank you Jacques for providing us this update!! Prayers for you and your your family!!

Thanks for the update! I plan to wait until the last minute to cancel. You never know what will happen.

Jacques,

Thank you for putting this together and sharing with us! Prayers for all involved, and best wishes to all on both sides, outfitters and the clients!

Hello everyone,

We just received this video update from our PHASA president regarding the visas and other important information...

To watch the video please follow this link>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QnMnRSc_S7XmD_h0kLhK2T54mIkknn7R

I will post more information as it becomes available. I will only post trustworthy information and not anything that the media throw out there.

All my best,

Jacques

Thanks for the info Jac, hoping things comes to a close sooner then later.

Stay safe and best of luck to all
I’m currently 1 day left after 14 in self quarantine after visit to USA.
Expensive trip all said and done 25days off
Wife likes it as I’ve been doing the cooking lol

Hello guys,

We are on day 4 of the 21 day lock down. Cases has spiked and to be honest some our native people still do not grasp the importance of not socializing. I can see that this will definitely be a problem containing the spread and it will probably extend our lockdown. This is my personal view and thoughts so please do not hold me to that 100%, anything can happen. Our military and police are doing the best they can to keep everyone at home. We can only pray that this will not spread like wildfire into our settlements and areas where people are living close to each other as this will sky rocket the fatalities.

As off March 29th we stand on 1280 cases with 2 deaths and 31 patients that has recovered. (Sourced from https://ewn.co.za/2020/03/30/sa-s-covid-19-cases-hit-1-280-2-deaths-recorded)

I will do some more research regarding the visa applications this week and add the information I can find on here for you guys.

All my best,

Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg