SOUTH AFRICA: Cape Buffalo Hunting With Kok & Seyfert At Buffalo Land Safaris

Danki Heinrich, We are in one accord.
And, Thanks for your kind words.
Are you a PH/outfitter? I am looking for a buffalo cow hunt.

The rifle was a real success and is the most exciting rifle I have hunted with. If I hold it properly it is not too bad to shoot. It hits so hard that the buffalo just stumble and hop into the nearest bush to die.

I am building a new stock for it and taking 1.5 lbs weight off of it. Stock will be more conventional with a finer fore end.
Also: While the cast bullets worked great, I think that I am going to use Peregrine bullets next time just for fun. 700 gr. , 1900-2000 fps.
Have you used them?

I sure like the Lowveld country and BuffaloLand Safaris. That Klaserrie river is beautiful.
I hear that the Lowveld and KNP has been getting rain.
My wife and I will also tour the Limpopo river area from Crooks Corner east, for a week, after my next buffalo hunt, somewhere in the Lowveld.

I just finished reading "Man-eaters of Eden." I got a lot out of it. Have you read it?

IvW, Thank you.
With buffalo, I ask the PH to get me close. Makes me look like a good shot!

Hi Brian

Yes i am an outfitter in this kruger region, but I respect my fellow outfitters whom are sponsors on AH, I am not yet a sponsor on AH.

I am good friends with JP as well there at buffalo land, and live about 15km from there.

It looks like that rifle is bad medicine for buffalo, we'd love to see it in action, no doubt.

Its always great for me to read reports on hunts here around me, and that hunters enjoy the lowveld so much, there is no place like it when it comes to dangerous game.

I have not read that one no, who is the author?

That river bed is exactly where we shot this bull
IMG_3072.jpeg

HeinrichH
Man-eaters of Eden: Life and Death in Kruger National Park. by Robert Frump.
He is an American writer but is unlike most of us North Americans (I'm Canadian) who tend to see South Africa through the eyes and consciousness of a Consumer Tourist. Please email me at brian@fastcutcnc.com.

Great video Brian, looks like a fun rifle to hunt with.

BuffaloLand Safaris is a great place to hunt. I have hunted it numerous times and managed to get some outstanding bulls and cows over the years.

Regards,
Adriaan

JWK, Thanks for your post and kind words. I agree that BuffaloLand is a great place. I will check your website.

Cheers, Brian

I have a new buffalo hunting story, coming out in the African Hunting Gazette in the April, May, June issue. It's called "Did You Hear The Ox Pecker". In that story I used an .577 NE Peregrine Bush Buster bullet in 700 grains. The buffalo reacted like it was electrocuted! Awesome bullet.
I was hunting with Pieter Kriel of Mkulu Hunting Safaris. He and his crew/operation was excellent in every way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.