SOUTH AFRICA: Bushpig Hunting At Roedtan

Andrew MacLeod

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Soutn African Hunters Association
I am off after Bush pig this Friday leaving work at 12hoo and then chasing the sun so that I can get into the Blind before 06Hoo. It is going to be as hot as hell and I am probably going to be attacked by mosquito's but that is part of the fun. I loaded my ammunition on Monday night- I am doing a article on Titan Bullets - the bush pigs are co operating as there are a number of sounders coming in so lets see. Wrapped my 375 Musgrave deluxe last night-scope coat stock protectors- don't want to break this stock. I will pack equipment bags and clothing tonight- made a call to Christof my man on the ground this morning as there was 16mm of rain last night but we she be okay for Friday as we will get stuck if it continues and the hunt will be called off. still have a problem with Wildebeest on the bait site - just need a bit of luck not much more I can do.

HUNT0181.jpg
Titan 286gr.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, keep those posts coming, I love bushpig hunting.

Hi All
Managed to get a nice Bush pig Boar on Saturday evening and man was it hot. Took him with a 265gr Titan bullet the solid shank destroyed the liver and the petals which detach after traveling two inches into the body destroyed both lungs. The shot was a frontal shot and with the pig swaying to and fro in my scope and by my standards possibly one of the best shots I have ever pulled off.
Me with my Bush pig.JPG

Awesome bushpig! Hope to slay a monster like that with Marius this next April.

do they taste as good as warthogs?

the first place we hunted in africa was with blaaukrantz safaris in the east cape.they have quite a success with bush pigs,if i survive this triple bypass thing ill have to go back there and try for one,it was 2002 when we hunted there,a great place.

Hi Edward
I sure you will be just fine, my father in law went through the same thing a couple of years back and leads a full life to this day. The bush pigs are going nowhere and will be waiting for you.

Awesome Stuff - Congrats Andrew :)

Well done Andrew! All the preparation paid off at the end and it looks like Africa gave you an amazing specimen, nice old boar.
:P Cowboy:

Congratulations.

Congratulations. Thanks for the post.

Nice trophy, Bush pig is also high on my list for my hunt next year, no pressure Marius

Congrats, nice bushpig, those Titans look like serious medicine.

Congrats, nice bushpig, those Titans look like serious medicine.
Thanks, you can go onto Facebook and look up the Helber group, I up loaded a video showing the hunt and how the bullet performed inside the animal it is quiet amazing how they perform- if you don't come right I can see if I can uploaded here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,