Angelo_orygun

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, North America
I am beyond excited to be sitting here at the airport, finally about to head back to Africa. A dream that has been in the works almost 6 years since I was last wheels-up from Joburg. As they say, you start thinking about your next trip on the flight home, how true that is.

Life kept getting in the way of that next trip, but here we go, better late than never!

My route is PDX-SFO-DXB-JNB on Alaska and Emirates, unfortunately on a 777, not the 380 that I booked a year ago. Who would have thought COVID would still be a thing. Ha! There will be no onboard bar to enjoy on either of these flights, I digress, and I’ll survive.

Check in at PDX was uneventful, hopefully grabbing guns/ammo in SFO and re-checking in with Emirates goes smooth, I should have just enough time!

I’ll be hunting with Somerby Safaris for 10 days and my main goal is a Scrum Cap, with PG, wing shooting and copious amounts of Cigars to enjoy once the Dugga Boy is in the salt. I’ll be trying to hunt as much as I can with my AHR DGR in 404 Jeffery, but packed a 6.5 Creedmoor for the small stuff.

I have always enjoyed following along with fellow hunters adventures, so feel free to follow along with mine, cheers friends! Life is good.

Congratulations, safe travels and shoot straight.

be safe and have fun, I will be following in a week for my first trip over there

Good Luck, I'm looking forward to the report.

Good times! Enjoy your adventure.

Angelo have a Freaking awesome fantastic time, your in great hands with Somerby ! plz pass on my regards to Drom,Sune' and Lindie "David from PA USA" and the rest of his team.
I'm looking forward to your day to day report good luck & safe travels

Have a good flight and a great hunt.

Wish you the best of luck !

I hunted with Somerby in 2019 with TJ as my PH. Give my best to Drom, Suni and the entire crew at Somerby. You will be well taken care of.

I made it to DXB, transition through SFO was painless, other than confusion between the Emirates crew and TSA with regard to my bag with Ammo and how it need to sent through screening.

Emirates wanted it swabbed and sent down with my rifles, TSA said it should go down the normal belt… everyone was polite and I was more than impressed with Emirates staff.

I was asked for my covid test/vmax card and the SA health screening doc. The might have looked at them for 2.5 seconds in total and said thanks.

The guy next to me had to go print his off before they would let him check in.

Nobody verified any SN’s or 4457, was a breeze until TSA was involved.

Sounds like the 380 will be back to SFO in a month. I was bummed to miss that bird.

The flight over was uneventful, had the mushroom soup for a starter, braised beef for dinner and the omelet for breakfast. Didn’t care for their Bordeaux , but I did swig some Veuve. now just killing 2 hours until I can get into the lounge for a shower and nap.

Image1648923019.978379.jpg
Image1648923041.396807.jpg
Image1648923068.393599.jpg
Image1648923087.369826.jpg

Angelo have a Freaking awesome fantastic time, your in great hands with Somerby ! plz pass on my regards to Drom,Sune' and Lindie "David from PA USA" and the rest of his team.
I'm looking forward to your day to day report good luck & safe travels

Will do! I’ll be at Drom’s farm the second half of the trip.

Have a great trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross